Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Ive just done this:

DSCF0887.jpg

Time for this to come out!

IMG_0055.jpg

Simply remove engine (refitment is the opposite of removal)

IMG_0039.jpg

This looks like a pile of dogs doo doo, but trust me under all that blue paint lies a Stage 3 pinto monster!

IMG_0046.jpg

Paint stripping is a labour of love... :bangshead:

IMG_0056.jpg

Now its starting to come together..

IMG_0059.jpg

A wave of my magic wand and.....it's in!

IMG_0060.jpg

Inlet manifold, dizzy and cooling, plus battery and a few other minor jobs to go....

IMG_0067.jpg

Just dizzy and battery to fit!

IMG_0068.jpg

I will report when takes its first breath!  :p

looking very good there sir  :t-up:  

My one piece foam filter has always touched the inside of the bonnet - best not stick them K&N's back on if there touching

Stu, not sure what power you have in that engine but if it's over 200 bhp then you need deeper air cleaners. It's all about breathing and the bigger the surface of the air cleaner the more breathing.

I know it's a matter of opinion but clean K&N's correctly oiled are better than foam.

Now, don't all shout at me, I'll burts into tears  :D

I see...I hope to be seeing about 175BHP but thats only a guess. Its a stage 3 pinto so its had alot of work done, but will need to get some running in mileage out of it before getting it rolling road tuned. I like the K&N's and of course ive paid for them!! I will try jiggling the mounts a little with some shims to see if i can get some more gap between the  tub and filter.

Sorry to all for going off topic and this is being discussed in another thread...Roll on starting her up tonight (GULP)

good luck m8 - should be able to hear her from here  :D

Just taken the plunge and ordered some JK Composite seats - will post pics when they turn up, to go with the carbon boot box lind that's taken a flippin age to make, and the through-bonnet ITG filter to accomodate longer trumpets and a re-covered dash to get rid of the Triumph Herrald-esque wallnut job! (more) carbon and a DigiDash to follow............

Will post pics of the whole lot when the seats arrive. Now, new wheels perhaps...........  :)

Cleggy's obviously done more than he's letting on looking at his optimistic signature strip - 0-60 in 5.5 secs and 280 bhp/tonne is more realistic. :devil:

(Unless he has a new sequential gearbox and power uprades  :p )

Got the engine going finally! Sounds good but a little rough! Time to tune!!! I'm a happy man I must of most bits in the right place!!! :):)

Cleggy's obviously done more than he's letting on looking at his optimistic signature strip - 0-60 in 5.5 secs and 280 bhp/tonne is more realistic. :devil:

(Unless he has a new sequential gearbox and power uprades  :p )

Hey ... I was messing around with corel draw 14 when I entered these perhaps slightly optomistic figures  :D

I would guess my car is not that far off either of these figures - certainly the 0-60 of close 4 seconds is about right - super grippy soft A048's with a now virtually stripped out duratec other than the interior - 60 mph hits just before the rev limiter in second

I would be very interested to find out the actual performance figures - what do you reckon peeps

Got the engine going finally! Sounds good but a little rough! Time to tune!!! I'm a happy man I must of most bits in the right place!!! :):)

n1 chap - a very good feeling I bet

Yes, did a victory lap of my drive!!

hehe ... hows the tuning going?

well mirrors finally arrived - the side ones are copy GXSR mirrors in carbon fibre look-a-likey finish - £45 from ebay inc post - they look pretty good I think

the centre mirror was not as planned - I tried to order one from carbon bits - they said that they werent doing another production run of the centre mirror for another 8-10 weeks

so decided to go standard black as the other carbon fibre ones i have seen are a lot more money

SANY1027.jpg

SANY1028.jpg

I like to remind myself how the car looked when I first had it - keeps me motivated -

car when purchased

SANY0140-3.jpg

and car as it is now

SANY1029.jpg

me thinks a car when you first bought it and a car now thread would be interesting?

anyway ractech 255mm D shaped wheel and racetech QR now ordered

I'm going to replace my shocks with with Leda coilovers - has anyone else tried these as I've not heard them mentioned in regard to Westies?

Cleggy,

Do those side mirros fix through the scuttle or just through the aero screen?  I am looking at making the car swappable between full screen and aero.

Also, were the mirrors from a supplier on e-bay or just a one off?  Would be interested in getting a pair.

Finally, those stone guards look good, are they carbon mods too?

Right thas enough questions for one afternoon....