Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

SANY0689.jpg

Looking Good mate, they will look so much better when finished..........

Out of interest what Torque figure did it achieve   <!--emo&???

Dynos just measure torque at the rear wheels - you have to convert it to rear wheel power and then to flywheel power.

From Wikipedia:

Torque (lbft.ft) = (power (hp) x 33000) / (2 * pi * rpm)

So, 237hp @ 7800rpm is 159lbft.ft

Is that a 2.0L Duratec? What did you assume the percentage loss was from flywheel to rear wheels?

(Yes, I'm a engineer / pinhead / geek)

Cheers

Jamie

Yes but that's not the peak torque, only the torque at the revs when peak power is attained...

Peak Torque will be further down the rev range. You need to read up a bit more on your engineering ;)

Finish carbon air box. I dont think Mick has much to worry about :down:

Airbox.jpg

8 to house though... Looks good to me mate!

Mud.................  from the track day on Friday   :p  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

DSCF0676_not.jpg

RD 2.4 Quick Rack, Polo Radiator, removed one of the electric fans that the original owner had fitted, (one each side of the old Ford Rad), so have removed about 5kg out of the front end. Changed the bottom ball joint which had seized up over the winter.

New MOT this morning, thanks to Treadfirst at Stowmarket, recommended for Westy owners, speak to Geoff and tell him I sent you.

RAC Roll bar yet to be fitted along with new aero filler cap.

New JK seats next on the wish list. (When the other motorcycle sells).

8 to house though... Looks good to me mate!

Thanks mate lots of mucking about but worth it in the end. The air box also fits and makes the car much quieter so I feel another trip back tithe top gear track coming on. Just as well the air boxfits as the car is louder now than it was last year.

Possible food for thought for those interested - this is a pic of my rear end (so to speak) I took a couple of minutes ago.

DSC08153s.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the carbon look so I painted all the rear light housings satin black. I also had the fuel filler anodised black.

Fog lights are optional in Oz (and we rarely get fog where I live anyway), so I fitted a second reversing light.

The high mount brake light is mounted on the pegs where the retractable seat belt mountings are supposed to go. Local regulations specify the high mount stop light position relative to the lower edge of the rear window, so down low at the back there is fine if you have no rear window.

As much as I'm not into carbon, the boot board is a carbon panel that cost the guy who built my car so much that I'm reluctant to paint it.

Smilie sticker coutesy of my 3 y.o. son  :)

Regards

Jamie

Something for the weekend ...........

15049.jpeg

:D

Ah so that's what you were selling your old cams for  :suspect:

Have to say, having fitted them, I'm not too keen on this high revs for 20 mins running in lark. Makes the old heart pump a bit when you first fire it up!  :0  :0

Just waiting for the rain to stop so I can see what difference they've made. (Obviously expecting 0-60 to drop by 2 seconds and top speed to increase by 30 mph or I want my money back!)  :devil:  :devil:  :p

• 3 weeks later...

MGF hows that engine doing?

Heres my latest bitsn pieces ... you will notice it is all prettyfying and not making it go faster  :blush:

Secondhand and out of date willans 3" belts fitted in replacement for standard westy ones

SANY0836.jpg

New rear lights, total gits to fit and still not totally happy with how they line up tbh ... the carbon look rear number plate light is courtesy of Sowts and was given to me free ...  :love: thanks chap

Rear fog/reverse as purchased at Stoneleigh yet to be fitted

SANY0838.jpg

SANY0837.jpg

Happy days :xmas:

Secondhand and out of date willans 3" belts fitted in replacement for standard westy ones

SANY0836.jpg

Cleggy,

It looks like you may have installed the lap straps upside down, the nose of the release buckle should point downwards with the lap straps comming into the buckle as horizontal opposites.

1a20d3440a29dbe3b9d569eff965b3f8.jpg

Cleggy...If you had gone for shallow LED light units (from SVC or similar)that fit the moulded pods; then you wouldn't have needed to cut into the tub atall.

I realise that's of no help whatsoever now though

Rich ... Steve a fellow WSCC member did me a great deal on his CRX's that he did not want ... good old Steve  :t-up: didnt cost too much to upgrade in the end

Smokey Mow ... thanks for the heads up, will have to check when I get home tonight ... but from my pictures the slots are not opposite like the ones shown in your piccy ??? think you are right about the lever pointing the wrong way though  :blush: tbh I fitted it that way around because I was worried about it catching my man beast in an accident  :D

Scott ... yeah I saw those LED lights at the show, but budget got in the way of having those tbh  :(

Looking really good Cleggy!

I'm off to Carbon Mods later today. Front wings, CSR style, and nose cannards. Bling-bling! :cool:  :cool: