Tell us about your latest upgrade

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Cant wait to see the photos..........

Have you managed to fit the lights yet??  I'm guessing not, if your working this week.

no not gonna do the lights just yet - as you advised they have a dent in the top on one side so would need to sort that one out first ...

if I knock it out and fill it, could I still powder coat them???

i.e will the powder coat avoid the bit where the filler is?

what's the head off?

edited to say it says next to your avatar  :blush:

my seats now in and fitted ... tf that v8 bonnet looks dandy say on your motor  :t-up:

SANY0633.jpg

My throttle bodies have just arrived back from KMS so my engine, with all its upgrades will be on the Northampton Motorsport roller later this week. So all being well I'll have a car to drive in my first booked Speed Series even next Saturday. Loton Park here we come!

Stephen, mine is on NMS rollers this Friday (15th) in the morning - won't be as glorious a display as yours should be though! Good luck!

Thanks Rich, I should be there some time on Thursday. Did you go to Stoneleigh? If so you may have seen my new exhaust manifold on Troy's race car. He borrowed it (the exhaust that is) for the show.

Hi all,

I've had my Westfield for 3 weeks and have just fitted a RAC rollbar and carbon style rear arch stone guards, in place of the small ali ones.

Dave

Hey Dave ... hows that motor?

some pic's please !

Back to tell us about your upgrades:

well I found out the other day when I changed my oil that I had a raceline sump !!! how did I know? cause it says on the bottom  :blush:

well that's an upgrade as far as I am concerned  :D

Hey Dave ... hows that motor?

some pic's please !

Back to tell us about your upgrades:

well I found out the other day when I changed my oil that I had a raceline sump !!! how did I know? cause it says on the bottom  :blush:

well that's an upgrade as far as I am concerned  :D

In that case the 'rubber bung' that came out when you changed the oil is probably the seal that fits between the oil pick up pipe and the oil pump - you need to take the sump off urgently and inspect this!

Nikpro - am going to ignore it as oil pressure seems bang on, but will keep a very close eye on it - thanks for the heads-up and let's hope your not right !!!

Tom ... wow that looks splendid m8, in fact pretty much how I would like mine to be ... all you need to do now is change that exhaust for sumtin more meaty to create the ultimate love machine  :love:

Tell me about it, im going to save my penny's now and do the engine and exhaust all in one go............

Er, if it's the pick up side, oil pressure won't necessarily be affected directly; the oil pressure shown on the dash is the pressure formed as the pump forces the oil through the bearings, AFTER it's been picked up. Lack of a proper seal on the pick up potentially increases the chances of not sucking oil as effectively, and or drawing air in at the join. Sod's law says it won't show it self till under load, exactly the same sort of conditions that see your bearings fecked by a relatively small but sudden lack of the black slippy stuff.

might get some stronger rod bolts and wip sump off then  :(