• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• originalgeezer

• Terry Everall

Nick ..................at least you still had the rear end of your chassis to fit a cage and it's back braces to  ;)  ;)........... the revver-end hasn't  :(

Nick ..................at least you still had the rear end of your chassis to fit a cage and it's back braces to    ........... the revver-end hasn't  

The blue book drawings don't show the roll bars rear struts connected to anything! :D

Del

Del ...........can you let Terry know please :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :D I'm just detailing up some skyhooks for the head restraint fixing   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Oh to be short and have thin low mounted seats  :blush:

And have an old car so no cat :D  :D  some people are just born lucky. :p  :p

some of us have new(er) car's that don't need them too :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

At least I have an engine in mine! :p  :arse:  :zzz:  :down:

I agree with Pete, its recomended, however the WSCC regs say you must have a hoop. I had this argument with our best friend at 3 sisters, he said if it is fitted it must comply. A few chunters later and I was passed. Im so looking forward to 3 sisters being my first event of the season not :D

I am really confused??? :down:  is it worth me entering a wscc sprint

i have a rac roll bar with rose joints

road going westfield with aero screen so in class F

am i going to be turned away at scrutineering or not??

understand will need to do something for 2010

but westfield do not sell a diffrent roll bar at the moment.

nothing seems to be clear on this subject.

You should be o.k Simon whatever championship / event you enter - there's a lot of us in similar position  :)  :) in 2008 at various events some scrutes were making noises and doing checks especially for head clearance - as they do.

It may well become much clearer for 2010.

The fact that WSC Ltd haven't kept abreast of MSA Blue Book intentions and rule updates hasn't helped but to be honest the roll bar that has been sold for XXX number of years has never fully complied to "Blue Book" standards especially if you're over 5' 8" - hence why many drivers have had to weld on various hoops and "extensions", other areas also need to be addressed.

I personally do not feel it correct to refer to it as an RAC bar on two counts, at least.

"RAC" rollbar infers some RAC approval - and yet there is no homologation tag or reference - Has the rollbar design actually received approval ?????? and if so when ??? and to what Blue Book edition ????

RAC does not exist - it became MSA many years ago.

The rollbar situation is one that the current WSC Ltd management are aware of and looking into - I believe that an initial draft design has been undertaken and compliant with current requirements.

As to when and what cost it will be available - sorry I do not have that info at present - from what I gather WSC Ltd want to ensure that the new competition rollbar removes those grey areas, rightly so  :)

thanks mark I feel much happier now  :D  Last year I have had no comments about the roll bar at any events and then suddenly I read this so got a bit concerned see you at an event soon

Simon - where you were attending an event with minimal Westfields present there may not be anything said by scrutes .............. but when they see 20 or more lined up they start to look more closely :down:  :down:  :bangshead: especially in S. Wales, Ty Croes and 3 slappers  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:

All

As Mark knows, I am at present working with a Quality Supplier to hopefully come up with a solution to everyones wants and needs,

One being in the form of a MSA Compliant Roll Over Bar that is also athestically pleasing to the non competitve vehicle but one that wants much better safety than current options. There is also the directive to look to develop a Full Cage and for both to be at competitive costs.

To support this, the Supplier is using a SEWi as the benchmark for initial measurements and development. This work has now begun in ernest.

As soon as I have some pictorial details to post I will put them on a seperate thread in the general section for everyone to view, discuss and put forward ideas or wants......

Views and Comments appreciated if constructive of course  :D

All

As Mark knows, I am at present working with a Quality Supplier to hopefully come up with a solution to everyones wants and needs,

One being in the form of a MSA Compliant Roll Over Bar that is also athestically pleasing to the non competitve vehicle but one that wants much better safety than current options. There is also the directive to look to develop a Full Cage and for both to be at competitive costs.

To support this, the Supplier is using a SEWi as the benchmark for initial measurements and development. This work has now begun in ernest.

As soon as I have some pictorial details to post I will put them on a seperate thread in the general section for everyone to view, discuss and put forward ideas or wants......

Views and Comments appreciated if constructive of course  :D

Why would you want to look at doing a full cage, when Caged already do a very good one at not unreasonable money ?

At possibly even better more reasonable money?

Possibly even better part?

Open and Free Market Place?

Just because someone makes one part, why shouldnt anyone else make one? or we would only have one supplier of everything? and why not, especially if there is an advantage to found for the community at these difficult times?

Dont really think this is a point that should be focused on Nick within this thread, but any positve input would be appreciated, as this is an opportunity for the community to have their input and say to what they want also.....

Detail of the Roll Over Bar or any work on a Cage I will possibly do by a seperate thread when I see how things progress.