Anyone SVA'd at Exeter

daveac

Hi,

I'm just winding up my build now and starting to think hard about all the things around the car that need SVA friendly-ing.

Has anyone been through the test at Exeter?  What are they like there - is there anything they're particularly funny about.  One thing causing me some concern is jubilee vs. fuel clips - WF obviously specify and supply jubilee's but some people report some SVA stations being funny about it.  It'll be a major pain to swap them all now but if I need to do it, I'd rather get on with it.

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I'm just winding up my build now and starting to think hard about all the things around the car that need SVA friendly-ing.

Has anyone been through the test at Exeter?  What are they like there - is there anything they're particularly funny about.  One thing causing me some concern is jubilee vs. fuel clips - WF obviously specify and supply jubilee's but some people report some SVA stations being funny about it.  It'll be a major pain to swap them all now but if I need to do it, I'd rather get on with it.

Thanks

Dave

Give them a call - the chap there is called Byron and he'll happilly tell you in advance whether or not he'd take issue with it.

Exeter was the closest to me but Byron was in hospital when my time came around so I trundled up to Taunton instead.

What I can tell you is that the DVLA office in Exeter were first class. I turned up without an appointment after leaving the SVA centre and I came away with my reg plates on the same day. They were extremely helpful and friendly.

I had byron and he was a top bloke. also genuinely interested in cars.and will rag your car around when checking the self centering steering and stuff. i did have fuel clips on the car and not jubilee clips so he didnt say anything. i was s******g meself before the test but he put me at ease and it turned out quite a pleasant day. although i did have to return there.lol

but if your at all worried about anything do like the above suggests and give them a ring.

hope this helps

darren