CATS

Terry Everall

Thanks John

I have spoken to Del

What was the result Tel, is he doing them or do I have to do some of my own research?

Tiggs

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Terry Everall

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• jak

• Mark Stanton

I will be seeing Del later tonight and will ask him for an update. He might even come on here and tell you himself. What I saw looked promising and cost effective for all of you that have this problem

powerspeed said they could fit one to a replaceable silencer and brands hatch. and not to expensive.

try them :t-up:

I saw Del last night. He will be supplying them at £90 each very shortly. The sample that he had I saw looks like it could go in the pipe after the secondaries before it goes into the silencer or it could be incorporated into the front of a repackable silencer if space is an issue. Might be worth people contacting him directly

See pinned topic at top of this section

I'd be putting the cat right at the end of the tailpipe if I were you "a la WRC". They'll have more of a chance of surviving overfuelling that way. A lot of people are going to be spending a lot of money replacing them regularly otherwise. Also you need to think about some proper thermal protection - 800 deg c next to fibreglass is not good for fire risk.

Bit worried about frying the body tub!

I did not see where regs said the Cat had to work . If mine busts it might stay bust!

we pay at least £50 for the brick only and we use them at the rate of 600 hundred a day, if Dell can get them for £90 snap his hand off!

I got this from the MSA, in response to this question -

What spec is the fitted cat required to meet and what do I need to do to prove it, be that an emission standard or some documentation?

Answer -

There is no specification laid down nor a emissions level.

£90 seems a bit much for something that doesn't have to do anything!

Sure they will be "fixing" that in furture years  :angry:

I don't have the room either so cheapest/lighest option looks like a universal mated to a smaller can just for sprint use and swap to bigger can for trackdays when it needs to be quieter.

Any of the sprints particularly strict on noise these days, croft regs say 105 at 2/3rds, that typical?

Ta,

Kev

Any of the sprints particularly strict on noise these days, croft regs say 105 at 2/3rds, that typical?

It's not Typical Kev, The Blue Book regs are 108 db at .5m taken at 2/3 rds max RPM. However some circuits like Croft and Castle Coombe are more strict because of local complaints.  :arse:

You should always expect to have your car noise tested and should expect it to be taken seriously by the organisers. What your max RPM is, is down to what you declare. Some people seem to rev their engines more that there declared max rpm, can't think why  :D  :D  :D

all b,e,c's rev to 9k nick :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

apart from rush puff's :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:  :laugh:

Richard Carroll's Busa only ever revved to 7000rpm and we could never sort it out ;)  :laugh:

all b,e,c's rev to 9k nick :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

apart from rush puff's :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :blush:  :laugh:

That's cause whenever you rev yours above that it normally goes bang  :p  :p  :p

Richard Carroll's Busa only ever revved to 7000rpm and we could never sort it out ;)  :laugh:

Terry, I was better than you at telling fibs!! especially at 3 Sisters  :D  :p

Had a VX that only rev'd to 6,000 rpm as well!!  :D  :p