Westfield SEIW Gen. Speedsport 1800

SteW

NOW SOLD CHEERS NIGEL

For sale – Westfield Speed sport 1800 Zetec

This is a genuine modular built (from all new parts) Westfield SEIW Speedsport which included Jenvey throttle bodies, mbe management, Trakspax dampers, front & rear anti roll bars, nylon bushes all round, lsd rear diff and many more features as standard.

The Speedsport was a high spec model designed by the guys at Westfield who were racing the cars at the time, it was designed to be competent on road or track & this car is further spec-ed still.

I purchased the car from a fellow member in 2005; over that winter myself & Mark Bailey (Cheshire AO) rebuilt much of the car & added various upgrades along the way. This included a full new interior, new suspension, new side screens, roof etc.

The car has always been extremely well cared for, kept in a heated, carpeted garage & never driven over winter or in the wet. It is on a 1999 “V” reg, has 13k miles, 12 months mot, 1 month tax. The car drives 100% & looks very nice to boot.

Engine Spec- Genuine Scholar built 1800 Zetec, ported head, Kent 1802 cams, Burton lightweight flywheel, Scholar shallow sump, Jenvey 120mm horns with ITG filter, MBE 956E management  produced 169.1bhp @6496rpm /143.7lbs ft torque a few months ago at Northampton motorsport. Jp repackable exhaust can, Westfield manifold with exhaust wrap.

Transmission- Ford MT75 box with Westfield quick-shift lever, upgraded new clutch & new hydraulic clutch slave cylinder. Ford Sierra 7.5” LSD diff 3.92 ratio.

Cooling & breather system- Polo alloy radiator with modified ducting & bracketry (allows you to remove the nosecone leaving the rad in place), Raceline water rail with upgraded thermostat (stops overcooling), full black silicon hose set by Highbury hoses. Rally design alloy catch tank with breather filter & matching black hoses.

Bodywork etc- SEIW powder coated chassis, later Westfield ZK bodywork in Chrome yellow with ducted nose, modified boot box as per MBailey (neat & watertight) for rac rollbar, Carbonmods carbon CSR style front cycle wings, Westfield  carbon rear arch protectors, 5 3/4” headlights in black, full screen, contoured side screens & roof also in black. Rear boot tonneau in black.

Interior- Fully trimmed interior with Westfield sports seats in black with yellow piping, all black carpet set, standard retrimmed dash in black with vdo instruments, momo snap off steering wheel with racetech boss, black willans harnesses, alloy gear knob, 2 speed heater, centre console/storage area.

Wheels/ suspension etc- 7x15 OZ superleggera lightweight wheels with 195 toyo R888 tyres (T1R spare), GTS wide track front suspension with rose jointed top wishbone, Westfield alloy uprights and hubs, rally design quick rack (2.4 ratio) with alloy rack mounts, full steering lock!  

Front and rear antiroll bars, new springs (275lb front/ 190lb rear), new nylon bushes all round, trakspax dampers, all suspension that has not been replaced was repainted to “as new” condition in winter 2005. Full geometry setup by Mark Bailey- settings available on request.

Brakes- Front -Wilwood Powerlite 4 pot callipers with “Poly E” pads, Rally design grooved discs, braided hoses for wide track.

Rear- Sierra callipers (painted to match fronts) mintex pads, braided hoses, standard discs. The car stops very well & is well balanced front/rear.

Other Details- Rac roll bar with built in high level brake light (very bright & no wires on show), new lightweight motorbike type battery, new alternator, all engine mounts, brackets etc re powder coated & as new, many other details throughout the car such as sparkplug cover with speedsport logo etc. The car is fitted with a passive immobiliser –operates with a fob in proximity of ignition switch, locking wheel nuts fitted.

Serviced annually with fully synthetic oils, quality fluids & filters etc, all bills and build paperwork including sva paperwork. Owned for 3 years and I will be sorry to see it go but I fancy a new project. Poss. p/x low mileage tidy S1 Elise.

|Bigger and better pics on  Pistonheads

link http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/688540.htm

13774.jpeg

13766.jpeg

13769.jpeg

13773.jpeg

Genuine enquires only please at £9775 ono. Contact me (Steve) on 07973 261219 or 01606 737647. Email imsltdsteve@aol.com :)

more pics on pistonheads Steve

Just to add, although I'm sad that Steve is selling his car, if anyone is looking for a spottlessly clean, well specced useable car for reasonable money then look no further.

We spent alot of time on the car, and as a result the car looks, goes, handles and stops spot on.

Just a shame that you want an Elise instead mate  :p think I'll have to rename our meet the Cheshire Lotus meet if anymore keep changing for them!  :oops:  :D

Seconded, you won't find a cleaner westie! ..... and you have only just had Northampton Motorsport play their magic on it too....will be sad to see it go....

Are you sure you want an Elise Steve   ???  ???

• 2 weeks later...

Keep it Steve.....don't give it away!!!

Free bump too!!  :D  :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.