SEiW with XE engine and great spec.

Sir Greg

***** Deposit accepted & car sold subject to full payment being received*****

You might need half an hour and a cup of tea to get through this advert but I wanted to give the clearest picture possible about the car and the overall specification.

I really hate adverts that don't give all of the relevant info, so I've tried hard to cover everything. Simply, I'd hate for anyone to travle hundreds of miles only to be disappointed (it happened to me when I was looking!)

**** Full spec, history, reason for selling & price are detailed below. Like I said, I've tried to list everything but please drop me an email for any further info*****

Westfield SEiW – 2.0 fuel injected Vauxhall XE  

Bright Blue  SVA’d & Registered July 2004 on a 1989 age related plate. Currently registered on a private plate.

4700 Miles.

Two owners from new - Original owner who built the car covered 3500 dry road miles.

Since purchasing the car from him in December 2006 I have covered less than 1300 miles.

Also since purchasing the car I have spent a fortune on improvements and upgrades. (The upgrades carried out by myself are marked by **)

Engine Internal Spec -

Vauxhall XEJ - 2.0 Redtop with Coscast head.

Engine was fully rebuilt before fitting to the car.

Engine rebuild included,

- 0.5mm overbore

- New pistons and rings

- Reground crankshaft

- Skimmed and pressure tested head

- New big end and main bearings

- New cylinder head bolts

- Reground valves

- ARP conrod bolts

- New oil pump

- New water pump

- All new belts, pulleys, oil seals etc

- Rocker cover breather mods carried out

Engine oil and filter have been changed by myself regularly. The engine is always warmed up and cooled down properly. It is regularly flushed clean and refilled only with Motul 300V race oil. This has been done 3 times in the last 18 months and the engine has covered no more than 400 miles between changes **

Engine Ancillaries –

- DTA E48 EXP ECU controlling fuelling and ignition

- Jenvey tapered throttle bodies with ITG filter

- SBD 4-2-1 Stainless steel exhaust manifold & 7 inch repackable silencer

- SBD 100mm alloy low line sump

- Lightweight Nippon Denso alternator

- Anodised Alloy Vernier Cam pulleys & cambelt change **

- Varley Red Top 25 lightweight race battery **

- Alloy engine breather catch tank **

- VW polo radiator and electric fan

- Blue silicon cooling hoses throughout

- New silicon HT ignition lead set **

Gearbox / transmission

- Brand new (less than 300 miles ago) BGH Geartech E6 uprated heavy duty Ford Type9 Gearbox **

Ratios – 2.83 long 1st / 2nd – 1.81 / 3rd – 1.26 / 4th – 1.00 / 5th – 0.87

-     Alloy bellhousing

- Westfield gearchange extension

- Shortened gearlever with Richbrook solid alloy gearknob and leather gaiter **

- Sierra XR4i viscous LSD – Ratio 3.62

- Kevlar uprated clutch plate with standard 2.0L XE Cover

Suspension

- AVO adjustable shockers all round

- 275 lb Front springs  / 160lb Rear springs

- Brand new Westfield front and rear anti roll bars **

- Polybushed standard track wishbones **

Steering

- Westfield quick rack

- Racetech suede steering wheel with quick release hub

- Front top wishbone adjustable camber kit**

- Alloy steering rack mounts**

- Alloy Front hubs and new bearings **

- OZ 23mm hub spacers and long studs all round

- 7x15 black painted OZ F1 Cup alloys with brand new Marangoni Zeta Linea tyres (195/50x15 Front – 205/50x15 Rear)**

Brakes

- Front , Wilwood Powerlite 4 pot calipers with Poly A pads **

- 265mm Grooved solid discs **

- Braided hoses

- Rear – XR4i calipers

- Grooved rear discs **

Body

- Wide body in Westfield bright blue gel coat

- Long range Westfield fuel tank

- Westfield Aero Screen

- GSXR mirrors

- Racetech Centre mirror **- RAC rollbar

- Bootbox with carbon look cover and access lid**

- Circular rear lamp conversion**

- M&P small headlamp conversion**

- Caterham style white indictor front lamps**

- Modified “Scottish Bloke”  half doors**

- Carbon rear arch protector sheeting**

- Walker St Clair, Seven type cockpit rain cover**

Interior

- Carbon Mods Carbon fibre dash panel **

- SPA Design white faced combined tacho / speedo with built in shift lights

- 2 x SPA Design dual gauges (Oil/Fuel pressure & Oil/Water Temp)

- Black Westfield, padded race seats with blue trim

- Fore/aft drivers seat adjustment

- Blue Willans 4 point harnesses

Performance

Northampton Motorsport rolling road figures – 192BHP @ 5450rpm  / 165Lbft @3800 rpm

Unless you have owned or driven some pretty spectacular machinery before, you will not be familiar with performance like this. On track it will outperform all but the most highly fettled Lotus Elises and Exiges, leave Scoobies and Evo’s trailing and out handle all of them. I have the car set up so it corners flat and neutral. It will however break into controllable oversteer whenever you feel the need (or run out of talent!)

On the other hand, if you drive it on the road, soften up the shocks and you can drive it comfortably all day long.

0-60 takes 4 seconds and acceleration through each gear is fantastic. I think the fastest I’ve seen on the speedo was 125mph, but I’ve no idea how fast it would be if you really tried.

This vid will give you a good overview of the performance and handling of the car.

At Knockhill in may

It was taken at Knockhill this May. The dodgy sound track is simply interference on the camera mic.

(Some might be put off by the fact that car has done a few trackdays……… my advice would be… Don’t be! This was what these cars were designed for and this car is specced and maintained in such a way that it is well up to the job… and more. The rev limiter is set just below 7000 rpm and the red gearchange light illuminates at around 6500 rpm, so the engine is never subjected to more than that. A well prepared XE engine will rev to well over 7500 rpm)

The story

I had wanted to own a Seven for many years and finally found myself in the situation where I could go looking. I was open minded as to what marque to buy but finally chose to go for a Westy. There’s no point me opening up the Caterhan vs Westy argument as it’s been had a thousand times. For me, a Westfield was always the right choice. (Basically, if you wanted to buy a Caterham with this level of spec or performance, you will most certainly pay +£20,000)

I wanted to buy something newly built but with a spec that would lend itself to road use and also some trackdays.

I bought this car after looking around for almost 8 months. The basic spec was just what I wanted, but I also knew there was plenty of scope to add my own identity to the car.

Since buying the car I have probably spent another £4000 on extras & upgrades, including the gearbox, brakes, suspension and steering. I did most of this so the car would be strong enough and reliable enough to handle a few track days every year. To date I have run the car on the road and have also enjoyed trackdays at Knockhill, Donnington and Cadwell Park. In all I have attended 8 trackdays and the car has been absolutely bulletproof every time.

After each trackday the car is completely checked over, all levels checked, oils changed after every 500 miles, belts adjusted, brakes cleaned etc.

The car has never suffered any accident damage and has never been in contact with barriers or other cars. The bodywork is in excellent condition and other than some normal marks that you’d find on any 4 year old car it looks fantastic.

Reason for selling?    

Less than 1300 miles in almost two years might be reason enough! It’s simply just not being used as much as I had hoped, and this year it’s only been out of its shed half a dozen times. In the last two months it’s been at Cadwell Park once and Knockhill once. It really is frustrating to see the car sitting around and not being used properly, basically due to a combination of a hectic career and also family commitments. Also, it is much too nice a car to be used only for the odd trackday. My fear is that I’ll eventually chuck it into a barrier and that’ll be that. It really deserves to be driven and enjoyed much much more than I can manage at present.

Will I regret selling it…….. yes I will… but I don’t see my circumstances changing much in the next couple of years and the car would probably just sit in it’s shed gathering dust.

Price

I’ll be completely honest here and tell you that I bought the car less than 2 years ago for £9000 on the button.

Since then it has had at easily another £4000 spent on it.

Normally people will quote a sale price with a bit of scope for haggling etc. I’ve decided not to waste your time and my own by doing this and will quote the price I will accept for the car.

That price is £10,000.

The car is based in Stirling, Central Scotland which might seem like the middle of no-where if you are based further south. When I was searching for my perfect Westy I had to travel to Essex. You might buy one closer, but you might not buy one better. Trailered delivery of the car can be discussed with any prospective buyer. I can also easily collect any prospective buyers from either Glasgow or Edinburgh airports.

********Please note, if you are interested in knowing more about the car, have any questions or might like to arrange to view the car then please drop me your contact details on email to gg01@btinternet.com

I will definitely call you back.********

Pics

Picture318.jpg

Picture314.jpg

Picture320-1.jpg

Picture309.jpg

Picture106.jpg

Picture365.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras, not included in the price but open for discussion if you fancy the whole package with the car.

- 1 set of as new 7x15 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 with used 195/50x15 semi slick track tyres **  (PCD 4X108, ETD 35mm)

£350

- Single axle fully braked trailer with brand new 12 inch wheels & tyres. New mudguards & reflectors. Refurbished brakes and tow hitch. Bolted on army style Jerry can holder. Brand new spare wheel and tyre. Full set of ratchet straps and hooks. Full aluminium ramp set. This little trailer tows perfectly!

To fit the Westy onto it the rear alloys need to be swapped for a couple of ford steel wheels to reduce the rear track a bit. These would be supplied. I’ve trailered the car from Scotland to Donnington and also to Cadwell park with absolutely no problems.

£600

- Private registration number A20 VXE, which simply refers to the type of engine

(It’s “A 2.0 Vauxhall XE” ) It’s a nice touch that gets noticed by lots of people

£350

Greg

Superb car mate, just what I am looking for! Dont suppose you would like an R1 powered westie as part-ex?

Good luck with the sale, cant see this being available for very long!

Cheers

Kevin

Cheers guys....... although quite a sad day really...  :(

Thanks for the offer Kevin but it's lack of use that has led me to place the advert. Another Westy would just suffer the same fate.

If I had not just bought the TVR I would of bought this (without even viewing it) it's a very very nice car  :cool:

If I had not just bought the TVR I would of bought this (without even viewing it) it's a very very nice car  :cool:

Cheers Barry.... a high recommendation indeed  :)

Now advertised on Pistonheads also.

Pistonheads advert

Deposit now accepted and car sold subject to full payment being received next week.

I should feel happy that the car has sold so quickly, but I don't  :(

I never thought the sale of a piece of machinery could bring a grown man to tears......... but it can  :down:

Good thing is that the car is going to another Westy enthusiast who I know will continue to cherish the car  :)

He's got a good buy there  :t-up:

So whats next?

Cheers Barry, yep I agree, he's got himself a good 'un.

The reason for selling was simply because I wasn't able to use the car as much as I wanted to. It would have ended up becoming just a trackday toy and it deserved much more than that.

Next??........ I think I might just settle for a stripped out 1.8 mk1 MX5 that I can use for trackday fun. That's what I had before the Westy and it was a barrel of fun....... and at least if I bin it I'm only going to be down a few hundred quid.

You defo made a big mistake here Greg, you should have waited until I could have bought it!! :-)

You got a pm about your trailer

Cheers

Kevin

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.