Drive components

Raymond Y

Gents,

I am putting together the parts I need for my rear suspension and drive train.  I have a 7" LSD diff , Westfield uprights and a set of Sierra drive shafts (bolted type) including hubs.

I know that the inner drive shaft bars themselves are too long and cannot be used, but can I use the outer splined drive shafts and hubs.  The outer hubs bearing dia look as if they are a larger dia than the bore of the upright bearings.  Do I have to buy Westfield rear hubs and inner and outer drive shafts?

Any advice much appreciated.

Raymond

Raymond, have you got your kit already?

If I recall correctly, the kit comes with the drive shafts and outer hubs already so you shouldn't have to buy them.

All you should have to do is get some lobro joints and a Diff (which you already have)

Tiggs

And presumably some half shafts made to correct lengths

Guys,

I did not buy a kit, this time round.  I have been collecting parts from various sources for sometime to build an SEiW BEC.  I have a 2005 BEC racing chassis and all the suspension parts.  The last piece of my puzzle to complete a rolling chassis is the drive train.  Hence the questions on drive shafts / hubs etc.

Raymond

Outer shafts as far as I know are standard Sierra, Drive shafts are shortened by Westfield but could be done by any decent machine shop, you just need to know the lenths

Tiggs