Surrey Area Meeting 13th May

steppenwolf

Bean come in your tintop

I will be in mine now since I blew my radiator today :(

you need those panels

Good point, I'll come along in the tin top.

Doubt the new oil pump would have arrived by Tuesday anyway.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bean

• mb893

• steppenwolf

• CedricTheBrave

Add me to the tinop list as well mines in a pile of bits as well  :D  .

Hopefully John will be there as I need to discuss centre prop bearings with him :D

everyone else's car sounds like it's broken or in bits.

Not only is my car not in bits, it has an MOT, a full tank of petrol and I've superglued the 'Evil Car Fairy'™ to the back of an HGV bound for Dubna!

Not only that, but.... wait for it, wait for it... I will indeed be there - Gosh, I'm sorry, you were all sitting down weren't you :D

Stepps, as to 'Blue', I have a theory... One of them did have a Blue Caterthingy once - I think it's an unconscious longing for something illicit and 'bad'... you know, like Pot Noddle cravings  :D  

Chin chin...

P.S.

Hopefully John will be there as I need to discuss centre prop bearings with him

Now there's an offer you don't see every day :suspect:

jc

Does anyone one have a noise meter? I'm not from the area but considdering popping along and if I could get my level checked it might encourage me to stop instead of driving around for the evening!

The Surrey area does... Steppenwolf is the custodian. Unfortunately he my well not make it.

You'd also have to test away from the meeting point (common sense I suppose), sign over the deeds to your house, your parents house, any brothers or sisters houses, agree to hand over your first male born child and sign an agreement in your own blood to the effect of: "I will bring it back, honest" - nothing too excessive I feel.

everyone else's car sounds like it's broken or in bits. ;)  :D

Been fitting the rear calipers this evening but the copper crush washers that I had weren't crushable :bangshead:  & I can't be  :arse: to put it on the trailer so won't be bringing it - but looking forward to meeting whoever is there,  :D

You'd also have to test away from the meeting point (common sense I suppose), sign over the deeds to your house, your parents house, any brothers or sisters houses, agree to hand over your first male born child and sign an agreement in your own blood to the effect of: "I will bring it back, honest" - nothing too excessive I feel.

Yeah, wait 'til you ask to borrow something expensive :0

il be heading down a bit earlier than last time lol, as i have to scrub my sg's in, and i fancy a cheeky pint

Does anyone one have a noise meter? I'm not from the area but considdering popping along and if I could get my level checked it might encourage me to stop instead of driving around for the evening!

Yeah I have one I can bring,will dig it out in a min.Might need batteries but will check or I can borrow the work one if needs be.

Cheers  :D

Yeah, wait 'til you ask to borrow something expensive

Oh no, I'm NOT putting on the Godzilla costume again, not after what happened with those tourists the last time.

In all seriousness, if you are going to noise test the car: DO NOT DO IT IN THE PUB CAR PARK. Drive off and find a deserted stretch of road with a handy lay-by.

Thank you Johnson  :t-up:

Point made mb893, I know how pub neighbours can be and will be respectful so I don't cause any problems for the local group.  ;)

Oh no, I'm NOT putting on the Godzilla costume again, not after what happened with those tourists the last time.

Tell me about it. I know the Japanese "invented" Godzilla, but who'd have thought so many of them would react like that? Get well soon mate...

Sorry I missed the meeting folks but I was still on my way back from Devon while John was getting into his Godzilla costume to test the noise on the centre prop bearings on the blue car ....

Glad I made it home last night without being crashed into by any people carriers.

Pulled out pub  car park, looked left then right, went to pull out and saw a Renault Espace heading towards me rather rapidly.

Guess everyone saw that. :oops:  :0