where have you mounted your racing  transponder

JeffC

as title, where have you mounted your transponder, it says on the instructions that they all have to be mounted in the same place but doesnt elaborate on where that is  ???  ???

Obviously, as far forward as possible is good, but not where it can get broken :) . It also has to be able to 'see' the road surface (with no metal in the way).

On my old car I strapped (tie-wrapped) it to the side of the furthest forward chassis upright.

On my new car (which someone else built) they made up a plate and welded it to the middle of the bottom front chassis rail (so thats about 1/2 inch further forward).

It probably makes very little difference really, though the closest finish I've been involved in (0.003 seconds) worked out to only 8 inches in distance.

Don't think there is a specific location. Mine is mounted engine bay side on the front bulkhead of the passenger footwell. I have seen them on many Caterhams secured to a steering rack support :t-up:

HTH

PS; scrute would need to see the AMB sticker on the bodywork to notify him where the thing is ;)

definately as far forward as is reasonable/safe... for me back end of nose cone area - front of inboard suspension mounts...

you go for the wired in or recharable one ? if wired in you can get away with striiping things back a bit and getting into a good location as you obviously don't have to fart about taking in on/off all the time..

Mines mounted at the base of the l/h  radiator mount at the front thats on the Genesis of coarse well it was until my hugh accident at brands on saturday...now its in the side pod!!

Buzz

Mines mounted on the upright bar that holds the rear wishbone mounts for the front suspension - if that makes any sense.  I wanted to make sure I could see the little light on it, which I couldn't do if it was on the front frame of the car.

Mines mounted at the base of the l/h  radiator mount at the front thats on the Genesis of coarse well it was until my hugh accident at brands on saturday...now its in the side pod!!

Buzz

hope you aint been rear endin robbo again :blush:  :blush:  :devil: