Dunnell cams

Uncle Fester

Not unless you can get the correct timing details as Dunnell will not be helpful if you have not brought the cams from them.

Not 100% sure on this, but the 101 profile is similar to the mild road spec cams from kent etc, so would question getting 210bhp from cams alone. Also not sure they would fit a 1.6, my thinking is entirely based on 2+2, but Kent and piper both list the 1.6 as a different set of cams to the 1.8/2.0 cams.

for summink as important as cams i would prefer to have ll the info as well - so it can be set up - if i were to shell out what might be well over 200 notes whos to say they are gonna be good? or on the other hand can the info be found on the net?

No Dunnell dont give out info easy and they use the same part number on different cams so setting things up is guess work.

No Dunnell dont give out info easy and they use the same part number on different cams so setting things up is guess work.

Too true!

;)

However, I have the ZRV101 inlet and 201 exhaust cams in mine, plus the timing data...

Assumed inlet clearance = 0.1mm (0.004")

Assumed exhaust clearance = 0.15mm (0.006")

ZRV101 Inlet lift at TDC = 3.81mm (0.150")

ZRV 201 Exhaust lift at TDC = 2.54mm (0.100")

:oops:

Like I have said though when I asked Paul Dunnell what cams exactly I had as the part number was the same as lower and higher speced engines he said dont worry about it we know what you have.

Like I have said though when I asked Paul Dunnell what cams exactly I had as the part number was the same as lower and higher speced engines he said dont worry about it we know what you have.

:bangshead:

Dunnell have great products, but they really make you pay for them, don't they!

Paul wouldn't tell me what the clutch cover and plate were that I bought from him - he even ground the Ford part numbers off them!

:angry:

Yep they know there stuff and if they say you will get 200 bhp then thats the minimum you will get. Just dont ask questions if you have not brought the bits from them.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.