• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MattBone

• AndyC_772

• SEiGHT

• catflap

Of interest how much are you paying for an Seight? I'd love to know. This is a V8 Rover (my favourite engine). Is it fitted into a standard chassis or is the chassis special.  If the chassis is standard I can supply and build/blueprint 5.0 Rovers or turbo 5.0 engines (custom crank etc) or supply Chevrolet LS1 aluminium 5.7 litre engines (similar size actually smaller then a Rover v8). The chevy is the ultimate in high technology for a push rod engine. It has more power and torque then the quad cam unit preceding it. I also have a 5.4 rover for evaluation.  I have built a blueprinted turbo Zetec 1800cc engine for a Westfield application (under evaluation).  If you want information check out my site www.boostperformance.co.uk or www.chevroletls1.com.  I get a lot of satisfaction if it goes and goes some more! Mike.

Had a look @ your site Mike...

I'm affraid that it's all over the top of my head!

I'm just after a car that makes a nice noise, goes like sh*t off a shovel and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

How's that for a technical spec?

Have you tried the blue one thats been in "kitcar" mag for a few months now?

It looks excellent - its a 2000 W reg - but then he's asking strong money (£17k) so it should be.

Mind you, if it is still available it might be worth an offer.

Good Luck!

:D

Yes I have seen it...

Unfortunately I have only got about £10K...

Have seen a few 3.9's going for this sort of money (M/N) reg. but none right at the moment!

If anyone hears of anything drop me a line - Thanks!

The latest issue of Westfield World dropped through my letterbox this morning  :D

It contains NOT ONE SEiGHT for sale  :(  Are they so great that nobody ever sells them, even to buy a new one? Or are they so shockingly awful that nobody ever buys them in the first place? ;)

Shame, I do really want one before the weather turns permanently nasty again... might have to settle for a lesser model and upgrade over the winter instead ???

Andy.

Perhaps the people with SEiGHT's love them just as much as the BEC people.  It's just that some like to throb and some like to scream but we all like to go really, really fast. 8-)

Adrian

When I was last at Westfield, Early2001 I think, their sales guy told me they had only built one factory V8 in the previous 12 months. He put it down to bike engined sales Brian.

When I was last at Westfield, Early2001 I think, their sales guy told me they had only built one factory V8 in the previous 12 months. He put it down to bike engined sales Brian.

That is true.  However the factory have noticed an upsurge of interest in the SEiGHT.  That is why they have a new demonstrator and there have been a few articles about the car recently in the kit car mags.

I know around 30 people with SEiGHTs and only a handful have sold their cars - most have owned them for quite a few years.

Ian

That is true.  However the factory have noticed an upsurge of interest in the SEiGHT.  That is why they have a new demonstrator and there have been a few articles about the car recently in the kit car mags.

That's true, and I told Holly the reason for that is so many people see me blasting down the M40 every morning that they all want one :p We are currently "negotiating" my commission :D

And don't forget the factory are going to need a *new* new demonstrator now that they have sold their current new one to Eddie !

I doubt I'd ever sell my current SEiGHT, even if (when) I built my new one (currently speccing up the cost). The only way it would go is if the tax-man came a knocking :angry:

Then again, if you want to offer me 20k for it....

My local lotus dealer in Edinburgh has an SEight for sale. Not sure on price but its registered on an R plate and has 15" alloys, contoured dash, small headlamps, hood. It is Westfield yellow.

I would imagine that it will going for quite a bit bearing in mind that the garage is a pukka lotus dealership but I could be wrong !!

All the Best.

Martin.

That'll be Murray Motor Co, then. I just called them - they're asking £13,950 for it, which is way more than I'd ever sneak past the missus. Given how crap the weather has been lately, I don't think it'd be money well spent.  :(

Andy.

(now on the point of giving up and getting a Zetec or Vauxhall engine instead...)

Thats the one.

Yes, £14K does sound rather a lot evern for a nice example.

I own a zetec engined car and I'm very pleased with it.

All the Best in your search and I'm sure you'll enjoy it whatever engine you end up with.

All the Best.

Martin.

I got some photos through of that car - it looks immaculate, but I really can't afford it... so...

...I've bought a VX engined car instead :D I pick it up in 2 weeks, and I can hardly wait. :love:

Martin, thanks for your help and support, much appreciated.

Matt, you no longer have competition, at least from me. Haggle hard and good luck!  ;)

Andy.

Cool stuff mate :)

Can you give us a review ;) for the benafit of us that are still looking :)

Just got back from a day with westfield :) was top stuff, sideways in a megabusa , what fun.