webber

JonnyBoy

so, webcon now have a new layout to their site! great, only i cant find my nearest RR place that can sort out my map etc.

anyone know or recommend a webcon RR place near Nottingham?

need to get it done before elvington so i dont look too weedy!  ???

thx in advance

And their phone number is 01604 766624

Catflap came to our Rolling Road Day from Stoke, so Nott'm shouldn't be a problem. Under an hour easily (and almost legally).

NML are very Westfield friendly it seems.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm ......I can feel the commission rolling in.

Thx for that.

I'm working in Whistler Canada at the mo, so due to time differences i cannnot ring and ask if they have the webcon mapping software. can anyone confirm this for me please?

Another thing, i fitted 130 spec cams to my 1800 zetec so would i be better going back to the first place i used to get a direct comparison as to the 'new improved' output, or, would it be more benneficial to get the map sorted to try and get rid of the f'in annoying flat spot @~1800-2k rpm!?! (progression drillings seems to jump to mind here though! -old 40's)

TIA

Jonny

Jonny do both go and get your car set up and then go back to your first rolling road and get a power run. Should be about £25-30 for a power run.

Thx for that.

I'm working in Whistler Canada at the mo, so due to time differences i cannnot ring and ask if they have the webcon mapping software. can anyone confirm this for me please?

Another thing, i fitted 130 spec cams to my 1800 zetec so would i be better going back to the first place i used to get a direct comparison as to the 'new improved' output, or, would it be more benneficial to get the map sorted to try and get rid of the f'in annoying flat spot @~1800-2k rpm!?! (progression drillings seems to jump to mind here though! -old 40's)

TIA

Jonny

Yes they have the Weber Alpha software.

Mine is Alpha equipped and is going on their rollers this week. (they also supplied all the gubbins)

Yes, as part of the package they do fixed price "as long as it takes" set up. I think this roughly translates to setting the spark at 3 or 4 different loads and at engine speed increments of about 400 rpm. The computer then smooths all of this out for you.

Mine is going in on Monday next, so I will post an update (if Eva Braun hasn't got me on packing duty for the Hols).

Well, N'hampton cant fit me in till 26th Aug :(

I had my dad ring and get it booked...he said they recommended leaving it till after the track day in any case! would they recommend that or is Dad fibbing to try and stop me spending money?

How did your car turn out Chris? was it a 'fixed price'?

Should i leave it til after or get someone else to do it?

will the day at Elvington be much more fun with a properly set up car, or will i not really notice?

cheers

And one heck of a drive it was too ;)

Got me some softy seats for that sort of drive now : keep the bone rattlers for track days :)

Hummm carbs that gets me thinking :)

Must be getting old