preparing a westy to race

JeffC

and It comes with two pull levers/cables  to activate it, do I need to fit both if so where    didnt want to put it on the scuttle as would make it harder to remove scuttle  

Should really be accessible to marshals if the car is upside down  :oops: - middle of the scuttle not a good idea. It's considered best to have it next to the ignition cut off - bottom of the scuttle either side. However, mine is at the base of the rear roll cage on the same side as the cut off, which has been OK so far.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• conibear

• custardtart

• Darren B

right pretty much there now ( i hope)  :oops:  :t-up:

quick question the number you get for the race, I take it this is displayed on either side, is it critical where on the side, and will I need a white background on a yellow car if so what shape and what size does this need to be, do I need anything else  :t-up:

ta again

Hi Jeff,

From another thread:

P143: Competition Numbers (Chart 6)

6. Numbers must be displayed in a durable manner and be black, of a minimum size of 23cm high with stroke width of a minimum of 3.8cm on a white oblong background measuring not less than 48cm x 33cm which must extend at least 5cm beyond the outline of the numbers.

If on a white vehicle the background must be delineated at 48cm x 33cm by a continuous black line, except for cars of period A to E.

Numbers must be displayed on each side of the vehicle (front doors, alongside the cockpit or on rear wing end plates) and on the foremost part of the nose.

Goes on a little more, but nothing much.