preparing a westy to race

JeffC

I think that comes down to personnal choice (i.e. not mandated).  I did see some in use at Lydden end of last year, but I wasn't convinced about the 'getting out of the car in a hurry bit', which is why I went for carbon half doors as a middle ground

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• conibear

• custardtart

• Darren B

Picture B24 - I'll just cover my eye's and it will all go away la la la la

b****r.

:laugh:

Or just maybe, if I keep my hands firmly on my head my arm won't get thrown out and dragged under the car if it rolls.  

Tragically a Caterham driver lost his arm like that a few years ago.  Do they still use arm restraints?

Could think of a lot more item's inside the cockpit,  that would offer i bit more grip than a shiny helmet  :D  :blush:  :blush:

Orrible feeling though, knowing there's nothing more you can do .

reminds me of a few years ago when racing karts - picked up a rear punture and spun the kart through 180 degrees - unusually i was at teh front and all i could do was watch the entire field coming towards me - and the bits of kart coming off very closely after....

badly damaged my back in that crash  :bangshead:

• 3 weeks later...
You got a transponder yet Jeff ???

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing....DP.html

;)  :cool:

new transponder arrived today  ;)

right am on with the fire extinguisher (came today) , where did you all put yours  ???  this one is too big to fit in front of the passenger seat  :suspect:

and It comes with two pull levers/cables  to activate it, do I need to fit both if so where  :suspect:  didnt want to put it on the scuttle as would make it harder to remove scuttle  ???

tia  :t-up:

How about putting it above your fuel tank ???

As our cars are open top, I am led to believe that you do not require a pull handle outside of your cockpit, so on your dash would be fine. But you need to be able to get at it whilst seated ;)

If you ask me, this is a grey area in the blue book and don't blame me if a scruttineer fails you :suspect:  Personally i have two, one on T dash and one on T scuttle

This shows mine, I have one pull handle by the bottom of the gearstick and one on top of the scuttle which is just visible.

6916.jpeg

cheers chaps  :t-up:

will see how much it obstructs passenger foot well 2mrw and go rom there , dont think the pipe or cables are long enough to stick in the back Ian..

will fit on pull cable for now on the dash dinnat fancy on on me scuttle the amount of times I take it off would make it a pain in the  :arse:

suppose to have a scrutineer popping round for a butchers at the car see what else I need..

also ...

Is there some rule about wheel nuts and the amount of threads  ???  ???

Is there some rule about wheel nuts and the amount of threads  ???  ???

Yer, you need four of them :laugh:

How much thread you got available for T nut???

Ive ordered 8 new studs today, when my rear wheels are on with the spacers fitted they only go on 4 full threads  before they are tight  :oops:

Ive ordered 8 new studs today, when my rear wheels are on with the spacers fitted they only go on 4 full threads  before they are tight  :oops:

How long you've been flying around like that :0

I know it's Paddy's day but honestly :bangshead:

Have you a decent Life Insurance Policy :laugh:

PS, next time you buy a set of rear wheels get them circa ET0 to +5 ;)

How big is your trophy cabinet ???  :D

Ive ordered 8 new studs today, when my rear wheels are on with the spacers fitted they only go on 4 full threads  before they are tight  <!--emo&:oops:

since I bought the car and on slicks,  it hasnt been a problem   :durr:  :durr:   Never actually thought about it till Blatters mentioned/ condemed it at Brunters last year  :oops:  :0  :0

Ive ordered 8 new studs today, when my rear wheels are on with the spacers fitted they only go on 4 full threads  before they are tight  <!--emo&:oops:

since I bought the car and on slicks,  it hasnt been a problem   :durr:  :durr:   Never actually thought about it till Blatters mentioned/ condemed it at Brunters last year  :oops:  :0  :0

Lucky you haven't been going fast enough then.

I had a blow out last year entering paddock hill bend at Brands travelling at about 130, all I can say, is it felt like loosing a wheel and somehow I got a way with it, it took me 24hrs to stop thinking about it. This year I had a slick actually tear the edge of my rim off, that wasn't fun either.

I wish you luck, top of the morning to yer ;)

Lucky you haven't been going fast enough then.

:down:  :down:  :down: