WSCC Curborough 2008

Mark Stanton

Get your name down for marshalling, and make sure you bring plenty of beer for Saturday night.

John

PS. Peter might be worth posting up a list of those who volunteered to marshall.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Major Stare

• jak

• Mark Stanton

ok then, I can do some marshalling - although, might only be staying there for the saturday. Not decided yet, cos might need to work on the sunday.

OK Jak, here is the list of volunteers I have so far:

Steve Batchelor, Sunday marshalling, Startline

John Kelly, marshalling on Sunday

John Fisher, Fiday help, Saturday helping with trackday but wants a couple of runs, Sunday competing.

Trevor Clarke, Friday help, Saturday maybe, Sunday marshalling Post 2

John Curtis, Saturday help, Sunday Marshalling Post 2

Kerry Schofield, Friday help, Saturday no, Sunday marshalling Startline

Scott Beeland.... Saturday helping plus cavorting around in a VX220, Sunday marshalling the paddock area.

Peter Hayter, Friday help, Saturday maybe, Sunday competing

Steve Pritchard, Saturday maybe, Sunday marshalling Post 3

Peter Cox, Saturday trackday, Sunday marshalling

David Hussey, Friday helping, Saturday marshalling, Sunday competing.

We could obviously do with a few more marshals for Sunday plus some confirmed help for the Saturday track day (paddock gate marshal etc)  :t-up:

Edited to add: Perksy and Stu999 turing up Friday evening to erect  :oops:  banners and stuff and ply me with beer  ;)  :laugh:

AND some more good news after speaking to a few volunteers

There will be a sprint school on Saturday morning for all newbies and those interested in doing some competition in the future.

PLUS for all newbie marshals and those wanting some advice there will also be a Marshals School on Saturday

More details to follow very soon  :D

Peter,

I can help on Saturday as well, although I would like to have a go round the course as well, should be arriving approx 10.00am

John

AND some more good news after speaking to a few volunteers

There will be a sprint school on Saturday morning for all newbies and those interested in doing some competition in the future.

PLUS for all newbie marshals and those wanting some advice there will also be a Marshals School on Saturday

More details to follow very soon  :D

Thanks really good, I'll do both if thats allowed, and I think I should be ok to stay over and be there for the sunday too :D

So maybe could help out on the sunday :D

Although, I don't have a tent, how much is a cheap tent, or ... anyone know if there is a bnb near by :p

Cheers, Dan.

or ... anyone know if there is a bnb near by :p

Cheers, Dan.

You big girl. Go get a tent and some beer...and we'll see you there kid

or ... anyone know if there is a bnb near by :p

Cheers, Dan.

You big girl. Go get a tent and some beer...and we'll see you there kid

hehe yeh am getting a pop up tent from ebay for £35 i think :D

Will bring some beer but don't fancy trying to race on the sunday with a headache lol!!

Cheers, Dan.

• 3 weeks later...

Right folks here's another good reason to enter Curborough 2008 event and sprint on June 21 & 22

Many of you may know or have heard of WSCC member and ex SS driver Peter Bishop.

He is very experienced in tuning carbs and has very kindly offered to check out and tune fellow WSCC members cars over the weekend.

Sunday may be limited in what he can do between sprint runs but he'll do his best.

In return he would like folks to consider a donation to his nominated charity and will have a suitabily large bucket  :D

From Peter:

I can balance carbs,set idle mixtures I will have a 4 gas gas analyser,  and  a wide band lambda meter, set float levels, check and adjust fuel pressure.

Check ignition timing and ignition advance.

I don’t think it would be fair to get too involved with fuel injection as it could take up a lot of time on one car, but I have a lap top and software for most systems that the owners could use themselves if they want to.

I do not want any money for doing this but would like donations to the BEN charity http://www.ben.org.uk/

If anybody wants to use the wide band meter they can take it up the road/track to check there mixture.

I have jets available etc for both weber and dellorto carbs

I will be available Saturday and Sunday

I'm sure you will agree it is a very kind offer of Peter to help out fellow members in such a manner and hope you the members will be able to support Peter and his charity in return

Thanks

Hmm.... trailer car to Curborough and map Mega Squirt for a three figuire donation.. i wonder ???  ???  ???

Put JAK as marshalling Post 2 on Sunday  :t-up:

Paul Rowley will be at Curborough sunday providing free use of his 4 wheel alignment gear (either driven by yourself or him, your choice).

Also confirmed to attend Curborough are WSC Ltd on Saturday - Mark Walker and Brian will be attending with a van of spares just in case  ;)  :D  ;) and on hand to offer advice and help.

Brian will be in attendance on Sunday Sprint Day with spares and help.

Thanks to WSC Ltd.  :D  :D

Do you need any more marshals? I did email Mark about 2 weeks ago to offer the services of me and my wife. We have not marshaled before, but are willing to do what we can. We will be there in the afternoon on the Saturday, and if required all day on the Sunday. Not staying the night because we live less than 30 mins. from Curborough.

I am aiming to wear a label or badge with my board name, so if I've offended anybody on the board over these last few months you'll know who to tackle.

Signed: Blatman

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Stephen, come and search me out (I'm there from noon on Friday) and I'll find you and the missus something to do  ;)

Thanks

Pete