Any Joe Cocker fans about?

brianm

Got a hole in the music collection. Just realised the only JC music I have is an LP of Sheffield Steel, not his best effort imho.

So I want a cd of his best/most complete works, any recommendation?

No advice for a CD sorry but the other week I spent a few hours watching video clips of JC on you tube some real good stuff on there and an artist I would love to see live.

This is quality with the LG John Belushi

Click

This looks worth a fiver

Click

My old man is a bit of a Joe Cocker fan.  Apparently there's a double CD album called 'The Anthology' which he seems to think would be a good start.

Mark B

Thanks guys, I think something like the Ultimate collection should fill the gap, covers up to 2003. I actually remember seeing Joe perform before he hit the headlines/tv with a little help f............., just felt I should have at least the one cd in my collection. :blues:

Joe Cocker young Slippy is an excellent singer  ;)  ;)  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :D  :D  :D  :devil: who can bang out a wicked tune  :D  :D  :D and is a superb live act  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

My old man is a bit of a Joe Cocker fan.  Apparently there's a double CD album called 'The Anthology' which he seems to think would be a good start.

Mark B

Wot you mean your oldman ???

Saw Joe Cocker and his Greaseband in me local WMC around 67 I think.

Never really been a fan but loved his version of the Beatles jobby :cool:

I've ordered the Ultimate collectio Brian if you want a copy let me know.

Same for Ray if you want to swap copies let me know.

Also he is playing 2 concerts this month first time for a long time 1 in Sheffield and 1 in London both still have tickets available.

Yes please Ray  :t-up:

How do you have it mp3?

I used to live on the next street to his Mum in Crookes in Sheffield.

Grease band's drummer was John Weathers.  Poor b****r can't play anymore 'cos of arthritis.