Number of events

Terry Everall

Thats what is wanted Skids people like yourself that are willing to travel at all costs and those who can only afford to keep it regional just need to balance it out!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• skids

• Mark Stanton

• Terry Everall

to do it we just want a reaseonable priced series (ie not megabucks)
Its not any series that makes it expensive its mostly circuit hire  :(  :(

Mikey why not get along to your local regional association  ;)  ;)  ;) if you don't want to travel far there are plenty of local circuits and as a WSCC member we are registered with regions  ;)  :D

Appreciate  what you say Mark and Iam suprised that Buzz has not dipped in here, although I have not been a member for very long  and have not managed to get along to any Yorkshire meets I do intend to although work commitments have stopped me over the last 2 months hopefully will get to meet the guys (inc Buzz) on Jan 8th before he jets off to the States (lucky ba****d) anyway the way I see it if I have generated some discussion on the matter then so be it , I will be doing some sort of competition next year even if it is only Harewood BUT would like more if I could afford it

You are in same position as very many others  ;)  ;)  ;) who also support their local regional championships and occasionally dip their toe into the SS and others  ;)  :D  :D

We're a national club and need a national championship, don't want to sound patronising as the idea you have come up with would perhaps in some way be an ideal benchmark for many championships, not just the SS  ;)  :D

The however is, that the organisation and logistics  involved far outweighs the "man/woman power" of any championship - even those with paid staff  ;)  ;) The sport as a whole is not geared to suit

Simply get out there and give it a go  ;) once you get the bug you'll soon see how many people are actually needed for an event and the various championships  ;)  :D  :D

Happy Holidays  :D  :xmas:  :xmas:

Mikey ditto what Our glorious leader says. plus I think the SS series works resonably well, considering: I race in The RGB championship and spent most of my weekends south of Leicester which is 90 miles from me Lydden is a 12 hr  round trip but I did like the s**t hole.

Buzz

Mike,

I think the club Curborough event on the 22nd June meets your requirements already and it's a day organised by the WSCC itself.

The Team Shipman/ Banzai Beeland Racing V8 will certainly be lining up for 2008 at this event....And maaaaaaybe 1 or 2 others

Mike,

I think the club Curborough event on the 22nd June meets your requirements already and it's a day organised by the WSCC itself.

The Team Shipman/ Banzai Beeland Racing V8 will certainly be lining up for 2008 at this event....And maaaaaaybe 1 or 2 others

Will be great to see you back Scott, I presume even more sideways now youv'e got a big V8 rather than a puny little VX :D:D

I presume even more sideways now youv'e got a big V8 rather than a puny little VX :D:D

Steady on there leader, they don't do too badly  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

I presume even more sideways now youv'e got a big V8 rather than a puny little VX :D:D

You haven't seen Scott Drive one  :D  :p  :D

You haven't seen Scott Drive one  :D  :p  :D

Fair comment. I've heard  :p  :p  :D