Number of events

Terry Everall

I understand its the old Tarzan & Jane routine  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :oops:  :oops:  :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• skids

• Mark Stanton

• Terry Everall

Yes but there's not much point unless its for a purpose IHMO

Agreed. this gig is expensive enough without going somewhere for no reason  :(

What happened to Cadwell?

What happened to Cadwell?

Unfortunatley it clashed with an already booked weekend event  :(  :(  when they bounced the date from the beginning of the year to the end.

Cadwell is a great venue, but Motorsport Vision need to get serious about sprinting and set a weekend aside. I am sure it would be full.

Already have Richard, was out at Loton sat and sun at end of September. But didn't have time to register in H, so just had a bit of fun. :D:D:D

Haven't got you worried for next year have I  :p

Cadwell is a great venue, but Motorsport Vision need to get serious about sprinting and set a weekend aside. I am sure it would be full.

I for one wont be sorry to see Cadwell go TBH.

Dont get me wrong Cadwell is a great track to drive, but this season I found the event itself somewhat underwhelming.

The day before was at Three Sisters, which was very well organised and everyone got 2 practice and four timed runs for £90.00.

At Cadwell there was just the 2 practice and two timed plus that pesky top twelve run off, for £130.00.

There was rumours after Mr Palmers visit to the track that he wanted to charge more to run a sprint event at the MV tracks.

I Dont think the 3 day olies will be making an apearance but stand by your beds for the august single day event  :love:

• 3 weeks later...

Just me having a thought,who selects the venues and what makes some ok and others not?...Lydden is fantastic,North Weald is junk in a westi but some may like the view from a low car into a cone circuit on concrete with bumps.

Here we go

Being from sowf it looks a bit Birmingham is where l need to live.

Southern softies wanting more tracks near them -Pah :p

Lets have more up north :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Very convenient for you as well Nick :cool:  :D

May go past Birmingham  this year whats it like up there????????????:laugh:  :laugh:

Will the mixture on the car still be ok

And whats this about the westie needing locking wheel nuts?????

You'll need a passport and be able to drink buckets of real ale :p  :laugh:

I will try an answer this seriously as it is a question asked quite a bit by people and has been an emotive topic. But knowing you lot, will sit back and wait for the requests for special consideration of your special track that you know like the back of your hand in outer mongolia (no we won't be going there  :p  :p )

Firstly the venue calendar is the responsibility of the Championship Co-ordinator (me) who has to submit it to the MSA for approval. But the venue choice is discussed amongst the comitee members to try and get a balance. As you would expect, trying to cater for the majority. Another consideration is can we actual get an entry at a venue ie, have not managed to get Prescott yet  :(  so very pleased to get Gurston this year  :D

This is the split of events for last 6 years.

Events Analysis

2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008

No of Events - 27 -   30 - 28 - 28 - 26 - 22 - 25

SPRINTS      15  - 19  - 19  - 21  - 21  - 18  - 19

HILLCLIMBS 12  - 11  -  9   -  7   -  5   -  4   -   6

NORTH          9   - 10  -  10  - 9  -  6  - 5  - 5

MIDLANDS    5   -  7    -  8   -  8  -  7  - 7  - 7

SOUTH          6   - 6     -  5  -  4   -  6  - 4  - 5

WALES          6   - 5     -  5  -  7   -  7  - 6  - 8

So based on that Skids, I would go and live in the middle of Wales :D:D

Wales has gone up this year with the extra 2 at Ty-Croes, which was to good an opportunity to miss :D:D given the popularity of that venue in the past.

All of which goes to prove that you southern's should stop moaning so much as you have been listened to over the years  :p  :p

Also you are never going to please all of the people all of the time  :D  :D  :D

The balance looks pretty good to me, but I would like to see some more Hillclimbs, maybe next year.