VX Engine

sedsy

BEWARE THIS PERSON IS RUDE AND THREATENED TO BURN MY HOUSE DOWN

Will always be one of my favourite Ebay feedback entries  :D

Piece of P**s building an engine

possibly, but building a good one that will produce reliable power and selecting and using the right combination of products that work the best is a skill that only experience can truly give, just ask Roger King, our very own Ash Mason and Arnie Webb whose engine this is...

possibly, but building a good one that will produce reliable power and selecting and using the right combination of products that work the best is a skill that only experience can truly give, just ask Roger King, our very own Ash Mason and Arnie Webb whose engine this is...

Sure, but it's still not rocket science.

Bolting things together mechano style is easy. Getting the most out of a combination of parts takes skill and experience. Worth paying for in my opinion

There is a bit more to it than just bolting it together. Checking clearances and cleanliness are everything and this is what most people overlook. When you built your last engine did you have all the oil gallery bungs out and clean out. That includes the one behind the water pump. The last time I built my engine I had to drill out the one behind the water pump to get it out. That was a bit nerve wracking as I had just paid to have the block rebored. As for clearances just one of them that I checked before putting the engine together was the piston petrusion as I am using flat top pistons. We wanted 0.45mm ideally when measured the first time we had 0.76mm which was too much as the pistons would kiss the head at 0.56mm so the top of the piston had to be turned down. The reason for this was that my block had been decked before I rebuilt it. Had I just assumed it was ok I would have had a bit of a mess. I am not saying that you don’t know what you are doing but it is not as easy as just bolting it together.  :t-up:

There is a bit more to it than just bolting it together. Checking clearances and cleanliness are everything and this is what most people overlook. When you built your last engine did you have all the oil gallery bungs out and clean out. That includes the one behind the water pump. The last time I built my engine I had to drill out the one behind the water pump to get it out. That was a bit nerve wracking as I had just paid to have the block rebored. As for clearances just one of them that I checked before putting the engine together was the piston petrusion as I am using flat top pistons. We wanted 0.45mm ideally when measured the first time we had 0.76mm which was too much as the pistons would kiss the head at 0.56mm so the top of the piston had to be turned down. The reason for this was that my block had been decked before I rebuilt it. Had I just assumed it was ok I would have had a bit of a mess. I am not saying that you don’t know what you are doing but it is not as easy as just bolting it together.  :t-up:

Absolutely. perhaps "piece of P**s" was a rather bold statement :blush:

Just trying to point out it's a not a black art, a lot people seem scared to even have a go.

I did, but with help from a Vauxhall mechanic who's built dozens of red tops, guess I cheated :oops:  :laugh:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.