Heater wiring

Uncle Fester

Got my new heater today from Jak  :D  (Thanks Jak)

Anyway, I can find 3 spare connectors in the loom. Two of these appear to have a supply, but I don't know where they come from as they don't go to any switch connectors.

These have the following wires.

1. Brown x 2, Green and a Black

2. Brown, Black and Green with white stripe.

The other one goes to a spare switch connector in the loom, but has no supply

Green with grey stripe, green with yellow stripe and a black.

Any ideas how to wire up the heater to an on/off switch?

Managed to fit the heater to the car this afternoon, although I did manage to drop a washer behind the heater matrix which SWMBO had a go at retrieving for me!  :cool:

http://www.serendipity-villa.co.uk/Heater_washer.jpg

Hang on mate, I'll post a picture of the connector on my car, but as I said it might not be the same as your car is a few years older than mine.

John

PS. I did n't recognise you wife from that angle!  :p  :D  :D

Jak thanks for the photo.

I've got this connector. So what connector/wires have you have got at the heater fan switch? What does the back of your fan control switch look like?

There doesn't appear to be 12v at this connector so I'm a bit confused  :bangshead: (doesn't take much  :blush: )

Back of switch looks like this:

11681.jpeg

Wire colours left to right are - Green/Grey, Green/ yellow & Green.

I can't tell you what voltages are where for definite, but I would expect the green wire to be 12V, with the others going to the matching coloured wires at the connector to the motor.  The black wire at the  motor connector will be to ground.

As I say I can't be 100% sure, but some checking with a multimeter will confirm whether or not I'm right.

John

Thanks for your help guys.

Pretty much what I thought. Looks like it's time to find out where my 12v has gone  :durr:

The green wire goes to the fuse box, can't remember which fuse it is though. I'll see if I can find the build manual with the  diagram of the fuse box later.

All sorted now  :D  No problem with the 12v, it was just the dodgy earth I was using  :blush:

Got a fan switch from Westfield, so all works now.

Drove to work this morning. Only 3 degrees out but was nice and toasty warm  :D  which will please SWMBO.

Thanks for your help guys