Westfield Carbon Sport For Sale

James_N

We're now entering Autumn/Winter after one of the worst summers on record    :down:

Either be prepared to drop the price OR hang on

As has been said it's a buyers market at the moment due to the number of cars available

When i sold my old Westy i tried to pitch it at the right price and sold it in Janaury (took a week to sell)

This was before more cars became available an gave buyers more choice...

HTH

??? Hi James

At the moment a (car nut) mate at work is looking for a

Westy, He has done some searching and come up with some real bargains.

Today he as gone to look at a car with a similar spec to yours but without the carbon bits and aero screen,

It is however two years younger and as lower milage

for 7.5k. I was gob smacked.

Geoff

James,

Not a good time to sell!

Look at this - virtually brand new with 2 ltr Zetec:

2ltr Zetec 2007 only £1200 more than your asking!

I noticed the Mods you have done since you bought it but the alternator fix isn't really a mod; it was correcting a fault and the geo set up is personal anyway so IMO doesn't add value.

Mods don't really add value they just increase the 'saleability' - I've spend thousands on upgrades but the value of the car hasn't really increased - the car has depreciated over time as do 99% of cars.

Your car certainly won't have appreciated in value since you bought it - you will never make money with these cars! (Unless it is your business and buy them at bargain prices from really desperate sellers)

Well ive said im happy to take £9k. Take into account the cost of the AP Racing Master Cylinder and RAC rollbar and i think thats fair :)

James no one on here will ever tell you that you are not been fair but will only offer words of advice.

The season has been pants and left many owners despondent with the ownership of Westfields and other similar cars. As such there is an abundance of "good deals" about.

If you don't need to sell yet, our advice would be hang on until next season. Hopefully it will be better weather and a sellers market.

Lets face it my car has spent this year off the road due to the engine change and I have only missed one or two run out with the gang, all other runs cancelled due to the weather.

Crap Year, Crap sellers Market, Crap Value on cars at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add - The weather has also screwed up the economy and many people have less money this year.

Less money = Less Toys

James,

Not a good time to sell!

I noticed the Mods you have done since you bought it but the alternator fix isn't really a mod; it was correcting a fault and the geo set up is personal anyway so IMO doesn't add value.

Mods don't really add value they just increase the 'saleability' - I've spend thousands on upgrades but the value of the car hasn't really increased - the car has depreciated over time as do 99% of cars.

Your car certainly won't have appreciated in value since you bought it - you will never make money with these cars! (Unless it is your business and buy them at bargain prices from really desperate sellers)

Being James' cars previous owner, it may be worth pointing out that the car above; is not factory built, is on a H plate as gearbox / Diff and maybe engine weren't brand new, and is on carbs not injection. I think if it had the same spec as James' Carbon car it would have been up for sale for quite a bit more.

James,

Not a good time to sell!

Being James' cars previous owner, it may be worth pointing out that the car above; is not factory built, is on a H plate as gearbox / Diff and maybe engine weren't brand new, and is on carbs not injection. I think if it had the same spec as James' Carbon car it would have been up for sale for quite a bit more.

Echoed.

I sold my pinto westy a couple of months ago and have been looking out for another. I spend loads of time cruising pistonheads etc, imho £9k for this car is cheap, sadly it is still out of my budget.

Best of luck with the sale.

James,

Not a good time to sell!

Thanks for that :)

My car was the example for sale in the ad above, if it's any help to you, it went for pretty much the asking price. It's slow going at the moment but there are plenty of people looking. Don't do anything drastic!

Good luck with the sale! :t-up:

Jon

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.