Which is the best  option?

Ross

Hi,

I was working on the car to day inserting a new wiring loom and one thing i noticed with the new wiring loom is that on the new loom both the tacho and hazard connectors branch off next to each other. Where as on the old loom they were far apart and thus the hazard is on the opposte side of the dash. What i am asking is what is the best way of getting a wiring extension so that i can connect to the hazard switch. Which is the best way to join the wires connector blocks, bullet terminals or spade terminals or any other suggestions?

p.s I dont particularly want to drill another hole in the dash as i have nothing to blank the hole where the hazard switch is presently mounted.

Thanks in advance

Ross

Thanks Leigh C although i am not trying to dicredit your answer in a recent edition of PPC mag they said that crimped conections were better due to the possiblity of dry joints although i am open to suggestions and this is probably the opinion of one person.

Thanks

Ross

You can get some crimpable (is that a word?) inline connectors from Halfords which have a heatshrink built into them which is kind of gluey.

Just cut wires to fit, strip them off and put into either end of connector. Crimp and heat shrink.

They are available in different amps 5, 15 & 30 I think but will need to check.

Tigger

Just a thought...

Would it be possable to unwrap the loom to free the hazard wires, to gain some length which might be encased inside the loom.   Might not work, depending on the direction the wires come from, but could cut down on joints in the wiring.

ps. don't use insulation tape to re-wrap the loom, because it doesnt allow the loom to flex, ends up realy sticky after a while.

If you want a quick, easy solution, Westfileds do make an extension.   It just plugs straight in.

I'm sure it will not be a cheap way to do it, but it's much simpler!

Thanks for that Neil.

I will phone westfield tomorrow and ask how much it is and how long the extension is.

Regards

Ross