Donington evening 10th Aug

gixermark

Hi Guys,

Its all going to be a bit rushed for me, drive over from NI on thurs.. see andy at AB to get car set up correctly, then off to donnington for the evening !!

anyone else going to this day ??

newbe - looking to his first time in a 'seven'   :D

yes you and me apparently - few places still left  @£105, bookable by phone only.

• 2 weeks later...

Well went and did it... My first "proper" track session ( the last was in the pouring rain). I really enjoyed it , even though apart from the Diesel Mondeo I was just about the slowest person there !

I will have another go, maybe early next year- its very hard on the car (the tyres look well scrubbed up and the engine oil got very hot - pressure started to fall at one point, and I filled the catch tank  even though water temp kept down to 90C  )... and a bit nerve racking at times. Tank full gone in about 70miles!

Going at high speed around long corners is a bit new to me- you find you are  cornering at faster speeds than you would do on the road, and the visual clues aren't there.

I managed one small spin coming out of Copice but survived everything else.

Good news was the the standard brakes were fine and performed well  (I was getting just shy around 95mph  before Goddards) and the car (X/flow with something like a 16" cherry bomb silencer with a  loose centre tube) did not cause any noise problems at this sensitive track.

Met a couple of nice Wessie blokes from Solihull  and some MK owners .

If you've not done it then go fit it !!

me

hi hammy,

sorry i didn't get to see you there.. we had a few dramas that meant things were rather rushed !!

got black flagged for sound, so we got to work cutting the end off the silencer - so that we could get a db eater we borrowed off a guy i met there that was over for the bike racing !!

by the time we got a way of fixing that into the silencer we lost a load of time... and i wanted to let my dad and mate out in the car too - as they had come over for the trip..

at about 8:10 when my mate was in it - the clutch cable then snapped....  

i went out for about 10 mins with no clutch - but it was red flagged at 8:20

still - well impressed with the car, and the work that andy at AB did on teh car

Mark.

Oh...   I did walk up and down and didn't see you - spoke to a couple of Wessie owners (all I could find) , but they weren't you!

maybe next time !

yea - unfortunately i spent most of the time behind the pits with mates i knew there for the bike wk end... we were busily sawing off the end of teh silencer, and trying to bodge a db eater into it and get it secured etc....

Was a lovely evening for a blat thats for sure...

do you know what happened to end the evening ?? didn't see/hear who/what went off....

Mark.

No I went home at 8pm as I was knackered, sorry Kn**kered

-sorry to rest of WSCC world if tihs is a bit boring for you, will use "pm"s fro any further chat