Curborough Thanks

Andy @ Cat

Great event organised by great people :blush:

Well done to Rich Kerr for keeping up NE honours

Andy Rawhide for that awesome run

to Mr Hayter for making everyone gasp as he went airborne after the finish line

for Martins first win

Emma for her lady driver award (even though it was meant for Stew  :D )

and to Mr Loudon who must have sneakily attended the drivers school on Saturday  :devil:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• skids

• V 8

• GuyH

Top Posters In This Topic

Great time had by all :D  well organised and ran like clockwork. :t-up:

Would especially like to thank Del (Hodder) for taking the time out to try and get the car sparked up again.

Steve

Agree with all the above, well done everybody, I thoroughly enjoyed the day too though from the other side of the fence than normal marshalling on the startline all day Sunday.

Great laughs, a chance to see how the others do it  - it was interesting to see how many cars bogged down off the line as the drivers were clearly concerned about too much wheelspin and ended up crawling away instead, personally I'd rather spin up and moderate it with my right foot than bog down and have to take a second bite at it  IMHO :bangshead:

Thanks must go to all the drivers who not only kept it mostly on the black stuff (Terry Everall excepted) minimising red flag time but also behaved themselves in the queue enabling us to keep the action going in as efficient a way as possible thereby getting you all 6 runs on the day  :xmas:

Thanks to Ian and Tim for being great company on the startline and thanks to Mark Stanton et al for the organisation and great atmosphere, I now know a little bit more about what it takes to run an event like this  :0  :D

Points of note...

1. Weren't there a lot of orange cars competing this year  ???  is orange the new black or are all those yellow cars locked up in the garage as it was raining  :oops:  :p  :D

2. A couple of unusual lines seen after the finish line... Matt Hillam? (who seemed to do a slalom run between the orange posts) and John Loudon who went grasstracking (I thought that was Tommo's job!!)  :0

3. Some drivers (novices and more experienced) who kept their foot on the brake as we were trying to line them up  :bangshead:

4. Some drivers (you know who you are  :p  ) who waited to warm their tyres until the previous car was half way round in an attempt to keep more heat in them, it's lucky not everyone does that or you might all have got one less run  ;)

oh, and finally, thanks for the lunch and goodies  :love:

actually Peter, it wasn't you I was thinking of particularly so you're hoist by you own petard in owning up to it  ;)  :p  :t-up:  

you did a brilliant job under considerable pressure from SB in your own car so well done and I can understand why you needed to get the tyres steaming  :laugh:

Some drivers (you know who you are  :p  ) who waited to warm their tyres until the previous car was half way round in an attempt to keep more heat in them, it's lucky not everyone does that or you might all have got one less run  ;)

Soz :blush:

Great laughs, a chance to see how the others do it  - it was interesting to see how many cars bogged down off the line as the drivers were clearly concerned about too much wheelspin and ended up crawling away instead

I bet you didn't see any bogging down on the first practice runs  :0 Pulling away on a sheet of wet glass would have been easier  :D

Soz :blush:

Bad man, Tommo.

Ditto, outrageous behaviour ;)  :p

(though I'm virtually certain that I gave the extremely talented startline marshalls just enough time to line me up just before the previous guy came back).

extremely talented startline marshalls

:blush:  :love:  :blush:  :p

wahaay they're all coming out of the woodwork now  :sheep:

- don't worry fellas it wasn't serious and it gives me an idea for next year "ooh, hang on a mo i've just dropped me keys/sunscreen/fag etc in the cockpit, won't be a sec then i'll come to the line, honest guv"  ;)  :laugh:

or failing that, I could do what Barney did and just stare at me like I wasn't there  :down:  :p  :D