Curborough Thanks

Andy @ Cat

Hi Guy's

The sprint school was great, I leared a few things, not least that I need more practice  :D  .

Thanks to everyone for organising it and making it a good weekend.

Cheers to tigger as well for letting me weight my car  :t-up:  :t-up: .

Kirk

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• skids

• V 8

• GuyH

Top Posters In This Topic

AS IT SAYS IN THE ADVERT:-

Cost of Fuel for Motorhome and Car:  £70

Bribe to son for marshalling on sunday: £20

Replacement of Clutch after one minute of tracktime sat: £300 +

Sprint School, Offers of help from other club members,  Marshalling on start line sunday:::: :t-up: PRICELESS :t-up:

As the others have said thanks to everyone that made the weekend happen.

I am so glad I was bullied into entering it was great fun even if a little damp and slippy in the morning.  Excellent close competition in class F, tried all day to get closer to John Fisher, but he had extra grip  :devil: and Mark gave me a scare on the third run only 0.01 secs behind my time.

Does anyone have last years times, as I would like to see how they compare?

Superb ,very well organised and run.

Many thanks to all helpers ,marshalls and organisers.

Good to see some newbies as well.

Stu Hill

ditto to what every one else has said, wish Rob Way would learn a few manners pushing an old man like he did  :devil:  identical times on run 2, 5/100ths differance on run 3, and he pulled back 2/100ths on run 4, great day  :D  :D . Special thanks to Mike Smith for all the hard work over the entire week end.

Congratulations to Martin Hepworth on his first class A win, i'm sure it won't be the last one either,  it's time Mid Life had some competition, i'm sure you kept it down to 1/100th just to add to the tension. :D  :D

It sure was close amongst all the classes some excellent friendly rivalry - great to watch  :D  :D  :D

Thanks to all involved for another great weekend!!

Great to see old and new faces on Saturday Night.

You guys and girls who attend - make the event - make the entertainment!!

Bring it on!!! - see all again soon

Michele & Si - and the Brumfield Boogie Bus.

PS. we apologise for keeping everyone up so late - Saturday - we did try to finish before 3pm in the morning - HONEST!

It was so close in B that I threw it off the track twice trying to stay in front of myself! :D  :D  :bangshead:

Great weekend. Many, many thanks to all those involved in organising and executing the event.  

The sprint school was an inspired idea and should help to generate fresh interest in sprinting and demonstrate what a good craic it is.

Well done all.

As above. Had a great day, was well worth the 'hassle' of getting my license and some new tyres.  Really reminded me how much fun sprinting is.

Many many thanks to all organisers and marshals and for most drivers keeping it on the black to allow us all those runs.

It was so close in B that I threw it off the track twice trying to stay in front of myself! :D  :D  :bangshead:

Howard, you owe me a new keyboard

Excellent close competition in class F, tried all day to get closer to John Fisher, but he had extra grip  :devil: and Mark gave me a scare on the third run only 0.01 secs behind my time.

Big thanks from me too. Excellent job by the marshalls and all concerned. Had an close battle all day with John Fisher, Richard Kerr and Rob Marshall.

I thought I had you on that final run Rob!! but well done on going faster again.   :angry:

Gutted for you John, I thought you had the class win, but well done to Richard on taking it on the final run.

:D  :D

Mark

A really big thanks from me as well.

I was only able to attend the sprint school due to commitments, and what  fantastic time I had!

The sprint school was really well organised and very informative  :t-up:

It showed how easy it is to get into, equipment needed and benefits over other forms of racing.

Having the guys showing us the course and explaining how to drive it was a massive benefit and really helped on the practice laps that we did.

I would especially like to thank the BEC instructor (who's name escapes me sorry) for advising me a) how not to "buzz" my engine and b) Letting me know that my blade revs to 7000rpm  :)

Feedback at the end was also priceless and I am really grateful to all concerned for all their time and commitment, it really shows a fantastic amount of passion for the sport and I hope to get competing ASAP.

Cheers again Guys

Eddie

Thanks guys, the sprint school was excellent lots of advise and the track walkaround was brilliant.

Thought the track x factor review was really useful.

Secondly, Have heard their a " friendly bunch" but really what an atmosphere very helpful, encouraging and welcoming.

Really enjoyed the buzz against the clock, more than I thought i would, can see the reason for the addiction.

And Hi to Tigger and Dabar my sprint virgin mates it was good to meet you and really enjoyed the craic.

Will hopefully see everyone again at another event this year

Cheers

karl

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up: