Westfield SEi Crossflow

It is with great regret that I have to put my beloved Westfield up for sale  :(

side.jpg

sorry for the camera phone pic quality  ???

front.jpg

The car is a narrow body SEi built in 1989, the car was rebuilt from the ground up three years ago with a new body.  It has covered just under 3000miles since 1989 (I have documentary evidence in the shape of a huge file to support this, old mot's etc).

Two years ago it had a set of brand new superlite wheels (including spare) and last year it's treat was a complete engine rebuild (at a cost of over £1100) to the following specification.

1600cc Crossflow 711M, Re-bored to 1760cc.

Fiat 131 twin cam flat top pistons with machined skirts to clear con-rods.

Stage 3 chambered head fitted with modified Lotus Sunbeam valves.

New con-rods fitted with brass sleeves to accept Fiat gudgeon pins.

Lightened and balanced Flywheel/Crank/rods & piston assembly.

Head and block skimmed 40thou each.

Kent blank camshaft profiled to Ike Motorsport spec (closest camshaft is a Kent 244).

Steel rocker posts and shaft (with fabricated 4mm spacers to allow for the head/block skim and 2mm longer valves).

Cometic compound steel head gasket.

High pressure oil pump.

Megajolt d.i.s. ignition system.

Return to sump breather system.

(I have detailed photos of the engine rebuild).

head.jpg

engine.jpg

As it stands it's running on weber 40's and had I not been selling the car this year I was going to upgrade to throttle bodies and a 5 speed gearbox.

New Avo suspension was fitted last year and has covered less than 500 miles since installation.

The car is in very good condition and maintained regularly, passing it's MOT last week with only an advisory on slight play in the O/S/F wheel bearing (I will nip that up before being sold).

Tyres are Yokohama A539's and all have over 5mm of tread on them. I have a boot box but it's not fitted and also a tonneau cover but no wet weather gear.

Taxed til the end of September this car would be perfect for a first time Westfield owner. Ready to go for the summer without anything needing doing.

The car is based in Surrey and is available for viewing at weekends and after 6pm weekdays (5pm fridays).

£4500

please feel free to pm me or email me (clayderman@hotmail.co.uk) with any questions  :)

I can't believe this car hasn't sold, it has to be one of the most interesting and powerful x-flows around. It's also in a mint body and silly cheap.  I would want about the same money for the shed that I drive.  I agree with some earlier comments that we are underselling our cars.  No wonder we lack heritage!!! Sorry rant over!

Now Sold, a very sad day to see this car go, maybe one day when things are more financially settled I'll have enough cash to buy another. Admin feel free to delete this thread :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.