MIRA onboard video anyone

Asterix

Still drying out from yesterday, LISOTT, next time out (if accepted) is MIRA in mid June.

Anyone with onboard video.

I'll Google and HSA it anyway, but thought someone may have something?

Ta in advance.

It's a very abrasive surface, off the start line the course does a complete 180 degree but it's over a large diameter so you just keep your foot nailed to the floor and keep changing up until you come out onto the 'straight' with a speed trap positioned before the braking starts for a righthander (I was clocked at over 120mph there IIRC) the righthander is not as tight as first appears so one tip is to try to carry as much speed through as possible, once you've done it a couple of times... ;)  after that the course is marked with cones which stops you using the fastest lines and then there is a shorter but similar 180 at the bottom before the finish line, it's not what you'd call an attractive course but it's challenging to see how much speed you can carry all the way through.

The entire surface is Delugrip so it's almost impossible to lock a wheel on braking and there won't be much wheelspin either although if you get enough sideways 'G' on it is quite possible to spin out and b******* the bodywork in the lumpy gravel runoff at the final turn  :oops:  :bangshead:  :down:  :t-up:

thanks all, any other tips, keep 'em coming.

Planning to leave the cam installed, but remove power and any means of recording, do you reckon that will do?

You should be ok with that Peter, but don't be surprised if they ask you to take the camera off the mount.

You are even expected to declare ownership of mobile phones with camera's in built when entering Mira.

Planning to leave the cam installed, but remove power and any means of recording, do you reckon that will do?

Peter

Unless you like acrimony, I shouldn't leave a cam visible on your car at MIRA  --  they even ban phones with a camera function (theoretically).

And  --  if you can keep your foot hard in from the start line to the speed trap (like PeterG), I'll have a good look at your tyres  :D

Edit: beaten by my own son  --  that's unusual :bangshead: