16 drivers in A

11 in B

17 in C

9 in D

14 in E

17 in F

5 in G

17 in H

All quite an even spread except perhaps for D and G  ;)

Perhaps what you meant was so far at this stage of the season after 5 events of a 22 event calendar not many Class A and Class B drivers had been out  :D  :)

Not yet a quarter of the season completed  ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Richard

2 practice runs and 4 qualifying timed runs and still away for 4.30pm  

Yup.  I was marshalling on the start line. :cool:

I didn't say Hi or start talking to you because I didn't want to interrupt your concentration, and you'd gone by the time we'd packed up.

A good day's competition, and very busy and interesting on the start line.  Think I'll be doing more than the minimum one day's marshalling.

Sorry Howard, I'm afraid I  can't put a face to the name - Were you stood on the left by any chance?

Would appreciate a push off the start line next time though as I really need to improve my 64ft time!! :D

Would like to add that a good job was done by all the marshalls and organising team - I'll be marshalling at Harewood in a couple of weeks time - Just hope the weather hold out!!

Richard

Another great day, well run by Liverpool Motor Club with 2 practice, 3 timed and a last freebie run for thoose who felt like it :D:D the weather was even nice and sunny. At last I think I might have figured out how to drive the course, always been one of thoose bogey ones for me, that I never felt I had got right.

Yes, big congrats Nic :t-up:  shame I couldn't get to join in the fun :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: but spare driveshaft sourced and will be fitted today. :D .

Just hope it lasts until the H/D ones arrive

And thanks for the sound advice ;)

Steve

My suggestion for next year will centre around missing the ruddy British championship rounds with the top 12 run off taking up at least one timed run. :arse: and they automatically get half of the entry reserved till 1 week before closing.

And before someone says it I dont care how much extra they pay for the privelige. :p

Sorry Howard, I'm afraid I  can't put a face to the name - Were you stood on the left by any chance?

Not a problem - I haven't done anything to get myself noticed yet - good or bad  :down:  :D

In any case, I was wearing sunglasses - master of disguise, me.

<--That's me in the Avatar

We changed sides throughout the day - sometimes I was on the left, sometimes on the right with the chock.

It was a real insight into the accuracy required in setting the cars up at the timing beam - just a few millimetres forward or back.  Some cars were really sensitive to set up, other were fine. Weird.

I did notice you seemed a little slower and less brutal off the line than some of the others, but hey, I'm the last person to tell you what you should be doing!

My suggestion for next year will centre around missing the ruddy British championship rounds with the top 12 run off taking up at least one timed run. :arse: and they automatically get half of the entry reserved till 1 week before closing.

And before someone says it I dont care how much extra they pay for the privelige. :p

Mark,

Normally the run-off is done by most clubs in the 30 mins you have to wait to confirm the results, so doesn't automatically exclude a futher run and often doesn't.

Also the 2 events that people have struggled to get into are Aintree and Ty Croes (sept), both of which are not BS events.

From the above you will see I don't agree with your summary, but of course I am biased :D:D:D

Those pesky Brit sprint drivers more troublesome than the catering academy lot  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Those pesky Brit sprint drivers more troublesome than the catering academy lot  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Usually the catering academy are more fun to watch as well. They have so many differnt ways of falling of, but this last weekend they were really behaving themselves and not many came of. It was the WSCC providing the crowd entertainment :D:D

Cant agree Nick - Remeber 3 sisters when the top 12 runoff started mid way between the second runs!! :angry:

Well done on the FTD BTW  :t-up:

Cant agree Nick - Remeber 3 sisters when the top 12 runoff started mid way between the second runs!! :angry:

Well done on the FTD BTW  :t-up:

Don't remind me, that one didn't work out well for anyone  :arse:  :arse:

Thanks  :D  :D  only 0.5 secs of the record Steve set with his mega powerful thing :D

If you had asked nicely Greeny or myself would have let you slip stream us down the main straight.

If you had asked nicely Greeny or myself would have let you slip stream us down the main straight.

Can we do that in September  :D  ;)  :D  but got to say I thought 131 was pretty good for a standard engine.  :D  :D  :D

Think Greeny had the wrong diff in, he rekoned he was only getting 128. That's the trouble with these youngsters, just can't afford the time to change to the right diff before an event  :laugh:  :blush:  :blush:  :p  to busy chatting up all the Newcastle lasses  :D

What what!! Mr A, how dare you spread such malicious rumours on the public domain.....I'm a commited, married man I'll have you know!!  :p Well, not quite!  :D

Slip streaming me down the straight wouldn't have done you any favours I fear.....Ash was the one to be behind ( :blush: ). If his car had wings it would be airborne!!

I think that's why Ash is so fast he's busy rushing back to his misses. :D:D:D who is always there for support. :D Luck Guy