Aintree

Terry Everall

Superb day!! Congrats to Ash for his dominant win and all other class winners!

Was my first time there and I loved it! Takes some bottle to be on the limit around those corners.....especially the last one with the 'dip'! :oops:

I said a little prayer each time I reached the final straight, hanging on the rev limiter didn't feel nice!!  :(

Commiserations to Steve. Hopefully it's only a small job to get the car back to it's former glory.....looked awesome with the new bodywork!

Shall try to get a video or two up sometime soon.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Richard

Sounds like we missed a great day!

Damn our second class postal system!

What was Richards best time?

Del & Ginge!

Heres some times:

David Hussey 50.35

Kev Roper       56.12

Mark Anson    51.64   :bangshead:  :arse:

Stephen Shrimpton : Retired due to accident (but first practice time of 51.84 is worthy of mention)

Richard Carrol  46.30

David Eastwood 54.02 (well held sir)

Peter Cox      53.78

Guy Hussey   48.70

Nick Algar       42.70  FTD  :0

George Hardman 52.40

Kev Bamber    50.10

Stephen Pritchard 55.29

Chris Hardman   52.79

John Loudon 50.79

Darren Berris  52.58

Simon Green 48.21

Ash Mason    47.25

Thats all the Westfields I think. Apologies if I missed anyone.

Really enjoyed it for first time there. Disapointed I couldnt get into the 50s though.

And too many Cateringvans!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ive got some video when I can work out how to post it.  :durr:

Mark

Another great day, well run by Liverpool Motor Club with 2 practice, 3 timed and a last freebie run for thoose who felt like it :D:D the weather was even nice and sunny. At last I think I might have figured out how to drive the course, always been one of thoose bogey ones for me, that I never felt I had got right.

bl**** ell .............. so early in the season and you lot are already pot hunting with FTD's, Class Records and options for "Turf Trophy"  ;)  :D  :devil:

Well done  :D  :D  :D  ;)

Oh - almost forgot. A spectator by the name of Mr Nunn came to watch the action. Unfortunately, someone told him it was last Saturday and he turned up to an empty track  :oops: It wasnt me by the way  :zzz:

Said Mr Nunn was "not amused". Be we were  :D  :D  :D

That looks like it'll be a another useful and informative forum  ;)  ;)  :D - I found the thread on BEC interesting  :D  :D Looks like there's still a number of championship and event regulations to be "updated" to suit the use of BE's  :)  :)  :(  :)

looking at the results there were 5 on the day withdrawals! which would have at least got Mark Leybourne, Tommo, me and Ginge a run!

I think entries who no show without letting the organisers know should have their MSA lisences endorsed!

Del

(Not that I'm bitter!)

Frankly, there were that many catering van academy cars there, who were clearly "block booked", I wasnt sure whether the WSCC was an invited club to the Liverpool Motor Club Aintree Sprint, or whether Liverpool motor club was an invited club of the Caterham Academy Championship.  :p  :arse:

looking at the results there were 5 on the day withdrawals! which would have at least got Mark Leybourne, Tommo, me and Ginge a run!

I think entries who no show without letting the organisers know should have their MSA lisences endorsed!

Del

(Not that I'm bitter!)

seconded  :mad: Four events down in '07 already. Looks like the 1000 mile round trip to S.Wales could be on again  :mad:  :devil:  :mad:

Can we "please" have Knockhill back for '08, provided I'm not so bitter as to have jacked it in by then :bangshead:  :mad: At least we can get in there and it suits ME

We had a similar problem with Castle Combe a few years back - got so bad that hardly anyone else got a look-in cos Academy had block booked  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down: it does seem very unfair to every other club  :down:  :down:

We dropped Castle Combe from fixtures cos we couldn't get sufficient entries and noise problems  :down:  :down:

Probably a silly question but can't the WSCC book a slot, those interested have more chance of geting in.

How many other people will struggle for ten this year, see my post above  :angry:

Team Jocksport

Del

(Not that I'm bitter!)

Its Monday and now I feel really sh!te  :arse:  :angry:

Lets start an "Im Not Bitter Club" :D