Hello and a few Q's

nunners

Hi

I have just acquired ’02 Megabusa (last two weeks) and have a couple of technical and not-so technical questions?

As this is my first post, I’ll start with…. Hello, my name is Matt and I think I’m addicted!

OK….do all RAC rollbars (roll-over bar) resonate and make a sort of rattling noise at certain speed/revs? Or do I need to tighten up any of the nuts which are at the top of the rollbar (or any others for that matter)?

I appear to have some sort of electronic trickery box on the transmission tunnel, behind the dash’s removable panel. What exactly is this and can it be removed?

I ask the above question because I would like to fit a Carbon dash/interior into the car. The carbon tunnel tops and dash from Fluke Motorsport would not match the existing dash, leaving the electronic box thingy exposed. Has anyone else got a Carbon dash in the same style as the one taken out (with extra removable panel)? Any ideas welcome..

I live in the Swindon area and would like to know where I could get the car serviced in the future? Any of you live in Wilts and could recommend somewhere to service my BEC?

Lastly, when I give the car a once over etc…. every now and again, what and where should I be checking…. Things which can work their way loose etc….

Many thanks Nunners

Hi Nunners, and welcome :-)

OK then...

No to the RAC roll bar noise, it should be silent. Check the bolts are tight, but also check there are metal inserts in the rose joints...if these are missing it will rattle. On mine, I had to shim the connection with a few washers either side of the joint....

Your electronic trickery could be anything....I'm guessing engine managment / rev limiter / shift light control / does it say anything on it to help us?.....

As for servicing your car - are you any good with a spanner?....nice thing about westfields is almost everything is easy to get at....obviously oil change is the important one, but as long as it's done correctly, anyone could do it - but anyway, usual stuff to look for, all fluid levels, diff oil, making sure shocks and suspension fittings are kept clean and in good condition, air filter, oil filter, break fluid change - again, all can be done by yourself if you fancy a go......to be honest, It's not often Westfields are serviced by other companies, most of us do our own (obviously there are people who do get them serviced, and there is nothing wrong with that)...

Good luck.....