Wheel offset

TonyW

Hi everybody, sorry to go over a topic that has been done to death, but when I searched the forums I found lots of information that just confused me. Thicko I know  :p

I have a 2005 SDV which currently runs silly size wheels (17") for which I want to change to 15s as I am tired of bouncing to the other side of a bumpy road. I have been offered some 15s with ET25. Is there someone out there with a very kind disposition who could confirm if these fit or whether I would need spacers, a drilling session, or indeed should I just not bother.

The car is standard SDV spec, with Westfield fake-carbon cycle wings up front and detachable rears.

Thanks, Tony

SDV is set up for ET38. I use ET37 no problem. ET27 wheels will increase you wheel offset, eg they will stick out from the side of the vehicle further by 10mm each side. Means they will probably foul your rear archs and will not fit under std W/F mudguard unless you move them. I would get correct insets, you can get some good deals on wheels if you shop around.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I was beginning to come round to that thought. The wheels are off a Megablade, maybe that makes it a different situation. I shall investigate further.

Tony