Heavy Duty Towing Dolly

The Great Fandango

Imminent collection of a trailer means I am now putting up for sale my towing dolly.

Details below:

- 'American style' - keeps towed vehicle low to the ground (much better than some British style devices I've seen which lift the front of the car high into the air)

- There's about 1.5inch ground clearance so those square sleeping policemen can be a problem (if needs be I just slow right down and carefully grind it over them). If two sleeping policemen side by side you simply straddle both.

- Self steering

- Steering mechanism can be locked

- It does not have brakes

- Heavy duty design to take transit vans etc. so Westfields are no problem!

- The unit is quite wide (just over 6 foot so measure your drive width/garage door width!)

- Most vehicles can just drive on / drive off. Depends how low your Westie nosecone is but I've always used a couple of plastic caravan chocks as ramps to drive up (£20 from Halfords)

- I bought the Dolly 2 years ago on eBay from a chap in Horsham. He ran his own business supplying cars for TV shows so I guess it has some interesting history. Since then I've used to get to 7 trackdays and the odd trip to a mechanics.

- The photos don't do it justice as the wheel guards have since been painted yellow for high visability and reflectors attached.

- Before sale I will treat any rust (any rust is jsut surface rust - the unit is fine and in working order)

A cheap alternative to a trailer and takes up far less room.

Very easy to use.

I'm looking for offers in the region of £280 before I leave it in the hands of eBay where these things tend to go for a lot more.

10132.jpeg

10133.jpeg

10134.jpeg

Any interest / enquiries PLEASE E-MAIL ME (I can't check these PMs that often)

My e-mail address is:

Kyle.Harrison@BTConnect.Com

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.