OK SO who has the highest BHP Per tonne?

Boyband_Pete

Following the most BHP post.

What is the most BHP per tonne, any one has had out of a westfield.

SBD's race car must be up there at the top.

The first person to install a Holeshot Racing 450bhp Hayabusa turbo? Reckon they'll take it with a 450bhp/420kg car.....

I don't think so!  What do SBD reckon now, 260HP.  In a 417kg car.  That's 520HP/ton with an 85kg driver.  Tom Green's car would be 590HP/ton.  That drag car I mentioned would be around 700HP/ton.

Are the Holeshot engines really that powerful - I thought 370 was more like it and the head gasket leaks at any higher boost.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know Tom's car, check out this article and this one.

Ian

Dave Edmands? ~315bhp in a 410kg car?

And I've heard rumours of a turbo-nutter Vx floating around in a shell somewhere.....

The turbo nutter one might be the Courtenay one that was in CCC a few years back.  I think it appeared at c******m (or a c******m dealer) a few months back looking a little sorry for itself.

Dave Edmands? ~315bhp in a 410kg car?

Graeme, pay attention!  We are talking about Westfields, not c******ms....

Ian

I know its not a Westy, but that Tiger Z100WR has 400 in prolly 550-600kgs.

= at least 670bhp/ton.

And the 2WD's such as Tims Westy (www.just-the-one.net) probably have getting on for 600bhp per ton.

Cheers,

Ed (325bhp per ton without driver, 260 with ;)

And the 2WD's such as Tims Westy (www.just-the-one.net) probably have getting on for 600bhp per ton.

I don't want to sound like a pedant (even if I am  ;)  ) but Tim's site says 630kg without driver and 300HP - so that is 476hp/ton without a driver (which is meaningless) and 420HP/ton with a driver.

Ian

I believe Ian Stinton's is about the same spec engine give or take 10HP or so.  400HP seems to be about the limit using Rover based heads.

Ian

I have a question.....   how is all this power transmitted to the tarmac.  I mean, if you have near rocketship power, is wheelspin a blight when hitting the pedal?

all depends how you hit the pedal  ???  :0 the touch of an angel would help with 400 bhp  :0  :D  :p  ;)  :blush:  :arse:

What about tonnes per BHP  :D  ;)  :)  I might stand a chance then  ;)  :D  :)

errrrrrrrrm me to  ;)  :blush: