Type 9 gearbox speedo connection

RobK

First up, thanks to everyone who gave me some advice with the type 9 gearbox issues I was having a week or so ago. I got the new box in and finally had my first drive last weekend, covered about 130miles with no problems. Still smiling!  :D

Anyway, was out having a blat today, when the speedo suddenly stopped working. (It overheated, and the battery went flat too, but thats another story!) Im guessing that the connection to the gearbox has come out, will check tomorrow when its light. If this is the case, would the gearbox oil have run out where the speedo cable plugs in??

Also does anyone know the size of the circlip that holds the cable in place? I suspect mine is out on the road somewhere, though I don't fancy going back to look for it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :t-up:

First of all oil should not have come out of the speedo cable fitting if it's just the cable thats come out ? although type 9's do tend to leak oil from this area anyway after a while

don't know the size of the circlip but it may still be on the cable ? if the circlip looks the slightest bit bent fit a new one anyway or it will fall out again

hope it helps Nick

If you do not have a right angled drive for the speedo it's probhable that you have busted the cable.

The actual drive has an oil seal surrounding it so it won't leak oil from that area.

Chaz.