Wiscombe

machin

I'm a bit slow (at reading the regs and on the track -before Rob says it!!!)......  just noticed that there's no Wiscombe for 2007.....

It was a great weekend in 2006 with three cars in class A separated by 0.04secs, great weather (OK that was a fluke, if 2005 and the boardroom are anything to go by), butmost of all a great course....

Are the WSCC trying to increase CO2 output for us southerners???  Actually that's a bit unfair..... I'll just end up doing less events.......  Shame.....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V 8

• Rob Navin

• machin

• Mark Stanton

I'll be doing Wiscombe. Enter the Aldon HSA championship and do that as well you get to do wiscombe and gurston etc.  :t-up:

I am launching an assault on the championship and I'd welcome the points .  :p  :D

Seriously though it will be fun PM me and I will give you the events I'm doing.

Rob

WSCC SS drivers are most welcome to enter and compete at Wiscombe by invite of the organisers - it will simply not be a point scoring round of the 2007 championship  ;)  ;)  ;)

The event attracted only single figure attendance in 2006 and has been declining in numbers for a few years - dropping events from the SS calendar is certainly not easy an decision  :(  :)

Go on,

Break the news the holiday is off.  :devil:  :devil:

I'll send some grapes to the ward for you

:angry:  :angry:

WHAT A SURPRISE ANOTHER SOUTHERN ROUND BITS THE DUST  

MUST BE TO FAR FROM BIRMINGHAM???????

:angry:  :angry:

It's a vicious circle: few rounds in the south mean that few southerners bother to enter the Speed Series, consequently the few rounds that are in the south get poorly supported (except by the few hardy midlanders who have realised that the A34 does actually extend south of Brum).

Events that are held in the south get poor support and thence get dropped....ergo fewer southern rounds so the Speed Series attracts few southerners to enter it as a series.

Rather than the perceived geographic bias, (the existance of which I think is more perception than reality) I am more concerned the loss of Wiscombe means one fewer hills in the Speed Series which I fear maybe evolving into the Westfield Sprint Series. (There were only eleven of us who bothered to venture to Llys Y Fran last year - I wonder if its days are numbered...?)

But, as with anything else, market forces will pervade....

WHAT A SURPRISE ANOTHER SOUTHERN ROUND BITS THE DUST  

MUST BE TO FAR FROM BIRMINGHAM????

And what exactly is that supposed to mean ???

The event list was decided very much upon attendance over last few years and also how the organising clubs were viewing the WSCC - some were in fact intimating that we would not be invited to future events as we could not provide sufficient support.

The 2007 event list was decided by a number of people and not one of em was from Birmingham  :p  :p  :p  :D in fact 8 people deliberated long and hard without any personal preference or bias

We have a large number of drivers from the south and yet Wiscombe was very poorly supported, why ??? in fact one driver made the journey to Wiscombe from way oop North in Yorkshire  :)  :)  ;)

But, as with anything else, market forces will pervade....
Very true Mr Green and if events get small single figure attendance from the WSCC we have to look at viability - yes it is very unfortunate to lose Wiscombe for 2007 as it is not to have Knockhill on our calendar - However we cannot be taken seriously by organising clubs if only 4 or 5 drivers bother to turn out  :down:  :down:  :down:  :)  ;) and yet other events attract in excess of 40 ???

Mark,

What was the reason for pulling Olivers Mount? That was very well supported  ???

John

Overall p**s poor organisation, we no longer have any Auto 66 events on the calendar its a dangerous environment with bikes also mixing it, far too many drivers not just SS - the venue attracts many serious accidents, above any other. Paddock is shoddy

Olly's was not fully dismissed altogether on this criteria and was subject to reduction in overall SS rounds and some pruning to reduce the number of rounds was needed - drivers are most welcome to attend any events that they wish to as an invited club.

At the pre-season meeting it was anticipated that perhaps an optimum number of events may be around 18 to 20.

John if you would like a copy of minutes from that meeting please drop me an e-mail  :)

It was assessed that a well supported event was greater than 10 drivers entering and not those most vociferously noted on the boardroom  :D  :)

John, rightly or wrongly, we didnt do Ollies the year before because of the clash with 3 sisters, and if you remember, it was poorly attended, even this year, there was a lot of room in the paddock. I suppose that shows how well supported it used to be. We decided, that while we were trying to prune the number of events in order to increase the attendance at the remaining events, it was churlish to start adding events to the list of invites already recieved. I'm not sure we were even invited this year anyway. I'm sure Mark will clarify that.

Shumachers, be polite or button it!! :arse:  :oops:

You've been living too long near all those old folk, & it's rubbing off. Meldrew bros methinks :sheep:

Go on,

Break the news the holiday is off.  :devil:  :devil:

I'll send some grapes to the ward for you

Take more than grapes m8,  put it back last year daren't do it again :down:  did you feel any strange pains earlier Carol had a plasticine model of a Micra and was sticking nails into it muttering something about bl**dy male Micra drivers.  ;)  ;)

that explains it  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :blush:  :devil:

does that mean she is driving me up harewood this year then ?