Bluebird Restoration

windy

t'was on  the local TV news the other day as they think the front sponsons (which were the only bits of the boat recovered on the day of the accident) might have been buried under an industrial estate in Sussex....

windy looks a bit like your project :t-up:  :D
  • Like 1

windy looks a bit like your project :t-up:  :D

Yes you can see the similarities.

I think this is an amazing restoration job and very interesting see how they are saving so much of the original metal.

I have seen the exhibition in Coniston museum. It's a shame it's not getting more publicity. I guess it's the usual British thing to quietly get on with it behind the scenes.

I wonder if they will actually get it going again properly.

Would love to visit the workshop where they are doing it. :)

Once again the lottery is not spending on a worth cause yet will sponser crazies with some green agenda. It should be restored as it represents what Britain and British people could do. here was a man, albeit mad, who took danger in its stride to give GB records as his father before had done. It celebrated that we were a great nation where "can do" was the call rather than now where it is "shouldn't do cos it's dangerous, un pc, wasteful, class devisive, un green" add your own to the list. It will get done no doubt but instead of it taking a long time it will be much longer due to being funded by cake sales car boot sales etc.

The shock at the time of his death was felt by a nation, we saw the crash time after time on the news and felt numb, at school we said special prayers for him, we remember a footballer but not a true icon. :down:

WOW! :0

And to think, I had skipped past this thread a couple of times, thinking "Why do I want to look at a website dedicated to restoring Nissans?"

:D  :t-up:  :t-up:

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

love stuff like that its a shame there isnt more publicity

Excellent :t-up:

I don't fancy being the one that has to put in all those rivets :oops:

I find the speeds achieved on water somehow much more impressive than the land speed record.  It has stayed at just over 300 mph for the last 35 years and the last two attempts to raise it have ended tragically.

I thought this was going to be about a Nissan Bluebird!

The bluebird was after the name change. Before that it was the Datsun 180B.