Marshal form..

lambo

A quick question from yet another newbie to the Speed Series!

When I got confirmation of my entry into the Speed Series in the post a few weeks ago (I’m a novice and this is the first time I've entered), I got a marshals / officials form to fill in, get signed and return. I guess this means I need to volunteer as a marshal at an MSA event somewhere and get the organiser to sign my form. Is that correct and when do I need to do it (can I enter an event without having completed this)?

Many thanks for your help, J

You can only score points in the Speed Series if you've marshalled at an MSA event during the year. This form will need to be completed and returned to the SSOT by the end of the year.

I seem to remember details of this in the accompanying letter?

Andy

(can I enter an event without having completed this)?

Yes but you'll have to have done this by the end of th season to score points for the SS.......... :t-up:

Lambo, you need to read the championship regs and all the information that's been posted here and sent out. It is explained and detailed  ;)  :D

To be eligible to score championship points you need to marshal or officiate at an MSA event at any time during the season. Failure to do so will mean that you will not be eligible for any award  ;)  ;)  :D  :D You may compete in as many events as you wish  ;)

Sorry for stating the obvious, or not if it wasn't :)  ;)

Ahh, thank you very much for clarifying that for me chaps, I must have missed that in the regs when I read it! DOH!  :durr: I'll brush up on my reading before I ask anymore daft questions!!   :D

Nope not a daft question  :D  ;)

The reason I suggested you ensure you read everything is that we try and make the SS paperwork as easy and clear as possible and hope that folks get into the habit of reading everything  ;)  ;) however when it comes to event entry form and other paperwork  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: it can be a "challenge"  ;)  :bangshead:  :D