bleeding sierra rears

ray5wood

have read in an earlier thread about some probs relating to the topic  above...

have just removed mine and replaced seals etc... but cant get a pedal!!! It was fine b4 so what has gone wrong.. handbrake fine  but they dont want so pump up..

Ta

I had real problems with mine when I upgraded to 4 pot fronts. Eventually we sorted it by removing the calipers from their mounts, holding them horizontally with a disc (or something disc sized) between the pads, and tapping the caliper gently during the bleeding process.

Not exactly sure why it worked, but it seemed to in my case!

Andy

I had real problems with mine when

Yes you did but you would not listen and go and do what everyone was telling you

I upgraded to 4 pot fronts.

This should be irrelevant

sorted it by removing the calipers from their mounts, holding them horizontally with a disc (or something disc sized) between the pads, and tapping the caliper gently during the bleeding process.

This is exactaly what to do

Not exactly sure why it worked, but it seemed to in my case!

This is because you are holding the calliper with the bleed nipple upper most and the air rises

A top tip is to swop the bleed niple and the brake hose around and swop the fitting on the brake hose to a banjo fitting this puts the air pocket under the bleed nipple and not the brake hose

have read in an earlier thread about some probs relating to the topic  above...

have just removed mine and replaced seals etc... but cant get a pedal!!! It was fine b4 so what has gone wrong.. handbrake fine  but they dont want so pump up..

Ta

It happens because on the westfield the Sierra caliper is mounted  " upside down " and  "back to front"

thus air can get trapped in the caliper during bleeding when in the "incorrect " orientation . :t-up:

removal and etc as described above is the only way to bleed all the air out .