Ahhh, those were the days...

stu999

09QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Me and my mates killed a few of these in our time... Did our bit to make 'em collectable! :D

Ahh, misty eyed :blush:

My Suzuki AP50 was faster though :love:

oooooooooooohhh a fizzie, never had one was into off road so had a TY50. Slow as heck but great in the dirt (for a 15 / 16 year old anyway)

I passed my moped test on it so I could take the girlfriends on the back, used to really pi$$ the police occifers off when they pulled me - "wheres your L plates sonny" carried my licence round just for such occassions

Mate had a Puch Grand Prix, fastest moped I ever saw.

My sister had an AP50 so they must have been a girls bike.  :p   :p   :p   :p

Seeing the price it's at now I should have hung on to mine from the mid 70's.  Had a Purple FS1E, then passed my test and got a RD350 - awesome machine.

My sister had an AP50 so they must have been a girls bike.  :p   :p   :p   :p

:p:p to that

I had the AP50 and what a moped that was, passed my test on it and was able to ride big stuff coz they had fixed pedals. Only ever tried once to pedal with it ... never again. Got the GT250 (ram air) after that, awesome.

Fizzies were for common people, all the best peeps had the Suzuki or Puch mopeds.

Tigger

I had a Puch Grand Prix, one of the guys at work used to race two stroke bikes and between us we reworked the engine and exhaust and it went like stink. It used to go off the speedo but the fuel consumption was, for a moped, in the torry canyon area. The only probelm was the brakes were totally rubbish, it was not unknown for the bonding on the shoes to break off if ridden hard. The FiSI ad SP50 were prettier and would have been my choice if funds permitted.

:D  Ah, the memories.....

BTW I think the AP50 was in fact the A50P... But that name was never really popular, can't think why.

It was indeed officially the A50P, as it was the replacement for the Suzuki A50, which didnt have pedals, but proper footpegs (I had one of these too). Presumably the 'P' signified 'Pedals'... :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.