Angle of engine bay to cockpit side?

the_fbi

If the exhaust runs parallel to the engine bay (but outside) then needs to run parallel to the cockpit, what degree bend does it need at the "crease" where the scuttle is?

ta

Chris

I had to get a new link pipe when I bought a repackable silencer and the Wunoff man (Bob) said that I should use a bit of PVC waste pipe, heat it to soften it, and make a model of the link pipe. If that's your motive for asking your question then maybe this is a practical way of avoiding answering it in degrees and minutes. Hope that helps.

I know what you're asking, but I would suggest the method above is the way to do it as in my experience the engines don't always sit parallel to the engine compartment sides, some sit a bit further forwards or back to others, the manifolds vary.  If you're looking for a nice installation it's better to custom fit to suit on the car than try to order anything to a design and then be disappointed when it doesn't quite look right.