Borrow a pair of 15" wheels...?

Pingu

Hi all,

Just looking to fit bodywork to the chassis and need some wheels to check everythings all central.

I borrowed some 13" original fit Sierra wheels but they won't fit over the calipers  :arse: (SDV upgraded to rear disc brakes).

Has anyone got a pair of 15" ish wheels I could loan for a couple of days???

Additionally has anyone had this problem before? - The calipers are at the front of the discs (the only way the parts will fit together) - I am a little worried as all the pictures I have checked seem to show them at the rear (the uprights are clearly marked L & R and yes the one mark R is on the right hand side of the car... :p ).

Thanks

Pingu

Yup - known fact that very few 13" wheels will fit over *standard* Sierra calipers and discs...

The picture you were looking at - were they SDV's too? 'Normal' Westfields have the calipers at the back.

Probably a bit far away, but I have a pair of XR4I alloys that are free to a good home (Shropshire)...

I live in Uttoxeter, and I'll have my car (with 15"wheels) back next week some time if you can wait. Otherwise I'm off to Colchester at some point so if you are interested in the alloys I could collect for you!

PM me for my mobile

Just one more thing, the only Sierra apart from Cossies etc fitted with rear discs to my knowledge is the 2.0 GLSi, these were fitted with 14" alloys!

I have a set of these that I may be persuaded to part with if your interested  :t-up:  :t-up:

Just one more thing, the only Sierra apart from Cossies etc fitted with rear discs to my knowledge is the 2.0 GLSi

Xr4x4's had them

If its just to get the body lined up why not just turn the wheels you have the opposite way round  then there will be no clearance issues thats what i did. The tyre also sticks out more so you have something to measure off, just be carful of your ride height though but shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to you guys trying to sell wheels  :durr:

Jack

I have a set of 5 westfield 3 spoke wheels (one with tyre) surplus to requirements now. A gentleman from this site in the Nottingham area (sorry, forgotten who it was) let me have them for a couple of boxes of stella so you could have them for the same if you can collect from Newbury.

Regards,

Mark