SEiW 2.0XE 215bhp Swindon Racing Engine

Eastern_Westie

Due to a job that takes me away from home regularly, and not having the time to really use it, I am regretfully selling my beloved Westfield. I've owned this car for just over a year, and am the 3rd owner.

Here's the details:......

Westfield SEiW 2.0XE 215bhp

1998 Widebody SEi (independent rear suspension)

3000 miles

12-month's MOT

Blue with cycle wings

The engine was originally built from new parts, and then recently rebuilt by Swindon Racing Engines. If you know anything about Vauxhall engines, you'll know that Swindon are THE people to build your engine, but they are not cheap!! The rebuild, including parts, cost £6,000!! The engine was dyno'd by Swindon (not rolling road, but dyno) when the engine was rebuilt, so I have the output from this.

So, this is almost a brand-new engine, and only just run-in really. The car has only done around 3,000 miles.

The engine runs extremely well, and pulls strongly in all gears. It produces 215bhp, and has a very flat torque curve from 4500rpm right up to 7500rpm. The exhaust is very loud and, due to Swindon having mapped the ECU for track-use, it will produce flame-outs on the over-run. For track-day use, I have a clamp-on silencer which should bring it within noise regulations.

I have a folder of receipts going back to the original pro-forma invoices for the kit from Westfield. A lot of money has been spent on this car over the years, and the car has been maintained to the highest standard, irrespective of cost.

Here's the specification of the important bits:

Engine:

Vauxhall 2.0 XE 16v

215bhp @ 7,250rpm

162 lb/ft torque @5,500rpm and 6,500rpm

Electronic rev limiter (set to 7,600rpm)

Formula Vauxhall cylinder head

ARP rod bolts

Swindon P10 profile camshafts

Pocketed pistons

Steel valve retainers

SBD TP208 throttle body kit

Jenvey throttle linkage

Bosch cream injectors

MBE engine management system

Custom-made exhaust system (BTB Exhausts) – VERY loud

Mocal oil cooler

QED drysump system

Pace custom-made catch tank

Gearbox:

Quaife Type-9 close ratio straight-cut gearset (2.39 1.69 1.21)

Flowtech light alloy case

Suspension/Wheels etc:

Spax adjustable dampers

Westfield springs

15" TSW Hockenheim Alloys (5)

Yokohama 205/50 A032Rs all round (soft and sticky)

Bodywork:

Ducted nose cone (improves cooling)

Removable rear arches

Cycle wings

Spare cycle wing – gel-coated to match car

Interior/Trim:

Leather high-back Westfield sport seats - adjustable

Fully carpeted

Full wet weather gear (although it has only been driven in the wet when caught out by a shower)

Willans 4-point harnesses

Momo suede removable steering wheel

Momo leather gear knob

Electronic speedo (Smiths)

Stack rev counter

All electrics in full working order

8560.jpeg

8561.jpeg

8562.jpeg

8563.jpeg

8564.jpeg

8565.jpeg

£9,250 ono

I would have thought that someone would have snapped this up by now. Its a smart looking car for the money. Maybe its just that time of year. DOnt give it away if you can help it. Bide your time and Mr Right will be along soon.

Good luck.

John

Thanks John - had some interest from the Pistonheads advert, so I'm not too concerned.

If it doesn't sell for the right money, I'll keep it until next year.....I might even not sell it then....

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.