wiscombe down

greenandmean

as the title says is anyone going to sunny devon on 9/9

also anyone been before and is it a big a sh**hole as i am led to believe? from a facilities point of view as much as track conditions. :(  :(

The track is why you go...

If you want facilities stay at home mate !

Well worth the trip !

It's a scary hill and I love it.

But it will almost certainly rain, and even if it doesn't, the top straight will be either wet, covered in moss, or both. The bogs are better than they used to be, but they're hardly palatial, and the paddock will be covered in sheep s**t, fox s**t, rabbit s**t, bader s**t etc etc. Take a rake... :0

The burger wagon is pretty good though, the scenery ain't bad either :t-up:

bader s**t

Douglas living in Devon now is he? ???

:)

Andy

What about cow s**t? I couldnt do without some cow s**t  :D

Despite the paddock being a bit full of sheep **** it's a great hill for scaring the bejezus out of yourself if your hands arn't shaking when you get to the top your not going fast enough!

Some in car footage around the web try searching for andrew forsyth

phil

Last year my  hands were certainly shaking by the time we reached the top: and that was in Disco - mind you, I had, in a moment of madness, allowed Smallridge senior to drive it!!!!

The quote I can remember was from Miss Dean after first practice four years ago - the year that  the track had been re-surfaced (with a new layer of moss):

Not nomally one for swearing, she came back white as a sheet saying "It's like a fcuking skating rink up there"....

That said, it's a brilliant venue!

"It's like a fcuking skating rink up there"....

Obviously one of the better years :devil:

Go for it Paul .................. give it a go and then look back and see if it's your kind of hill :D  :D