Wet Tyres

bultacobarry

I was about to to purchase a set of CR28 sports to run in the wet instead of ACB10's.

However I just did a hillclimb in constant heavy rain on saturday, slippy as hell and no grip at all. Most of us only had one set of tyres, however the fastest chap had CR28's as well. Now he still won the class but not by a great margin, and he was not convinced that the CR28's were any better than softest compound ACB10's.

Does anyone have data/ back to back laptimes between these 2 types of tyres.  ???

As an aside all the Seven times were totally pathetic and much lower in the rankings than at a dry event.

:p   Barry

Do you know if he did anything to the suspention set up when he put these tyres on?

Really you should disconnect anti-roll bars and if possible put some more neg camber on the front, trouble is that this will knock other setting also and that combined with the fact that the CR28's have a higher profile will give less than purfect Geomo...... :(

I have a set of CR28's but fortunatley have never had to use them... :)

No camber or geometry changes, so probably running none or very little camber to suit the crossply ACB10's.

I'm pretty sure he backed of front antiroll bars and softened the dampers, as did most of us.

have run proper Avon race wets (formula ford wets) and the difference is stunning ............... however we did soften stuff up slightly .

have raced with cr28's in the wet and the difference between them and AO32's is huge so would expect the difference to be even greater with ACB10's.