WSCC BARC Easter race weekend

geofff

Hi,

Unfortunately Peter Osbourne (Ed of Westfield World) can't make the Easter weekend so I'm putting out a request for someone to be roving reporter for the 15/16th April @ Pembrey.

Last year Peter was happy with the idea of a report going into WW about the goings on in the series. So all we need to do is submit regular articles!

I have spare tickets for any volunteers and I'm more than willing to fill your boots with alcohol on the Saturday night :D If your Swindon based I can even get you there and back - I'm going down Friday to Sunday.

All you need is a camera and a note book..........if you want to read my previous waffle see hear....  Waffle, waffle, waffle......

It's just a one off so no need for a whole year commitment - unless you wanted to. Either Peter or a photographer mate of mine (who's in Slovakia :angry: ) will be able to complete the rest of the events.

Ta

Geoff

:)

Hi Geoff.

I cant make it unfortunately. What is the entry list like? Lots or is it looking a bit thin? Hope all goes well for you.

Cheers.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

We have thirteen but I notice Deefab are missing plus a few other notables from last year. Late entries?

It cannot go any worse than testing at Brands :)

Ta

Geoff

I should be a snetterton...cars still in bits at the moment. Winter has been a bit busy. Have got an advance notice from BARC that no more acb10 next year.............

Have got an advance notice from BARC that no more acb10 next year.............

Oh! Thats interesting. What else are they proposing then, anyone know?

Hi Richard,

See you at snetterton then :)

I got the same notice from BARC. I wonder if we'll get a new all in one dry and wet control tyre or go the opposite way and have a slick and a wet? ???

Ta

Geoff

Hi Keith,

We have thirteen but I notice Deefab are missing plus a few other notables from last year. Late entries?

It cannot go any worse than testing at Brands :)

Ta

Geoff

Mike (1 of Deefab) has sold his race car

Quentin ?? don't know what he is planning, I want his Xtr 4!

has a Busa for the summer and is building a high spec Zetec also

Mark

Hi Mark,

We need to be able to make high teens regularly or we'll get amalgamated with another formula. Not good :(

Ta

Geoff

I won't be at Pembrey, lazing in the sun on the Costa Del Sol, but I'll see everyone at Snetterton at the end of the month.

On tyres, we won't go for a slick. Everyone would need to be dry-sumped or the bottom end will eat itself. Shamus threw a rod going round Coram without slicks on!

On tyres, we won't go for a slick. Everyone would need to be dry-sumped or the bottom end will eat itself.

Yep, fair enough. Maybe we should go for a single wet & dry tyre to reduce costs then?  ???

Ta

Geoff

Maybe we should go for a single wet & dry tyre to reduce costs then?

Won't work. You will then need 2 sets of the same tyre. One buffed as a dry and one with full tread for a wet. Cant see what is wrong with the current ACB10's myself. They are great why change something that works. I guess someone has a reason. Sponsorship/money maybe.

Hi Keith,

You will then need 2 sets of the same tyre. One buffed as a dry and one with full tread for a wet.

Okay. A lot of people may will go out and do that but some will just practice on one set to 'wear' them out for the dry and then buy a second 'new' set for the wet - or emergency puncture replacement.

It would work out a bit cheaper.

I must admit I'm quite happy with the ACB10's even if I have found out the hard way how little grip they have in cold / damp conditions :(

I'll race to whatever rules are given me :)

Ta

Geoff

Keith - I had heard that the contract between Westfield and Avon was close to the end, so I presume we are waiting to see who Richard can do a deal with for next season. Presuming the company is still in the same ownership by then.

Also heard other rumours about amalgamation with a different series, hence the tie up with the 750MC for a couple of events this  year. Probably all a load of rubbish, although the schedule does seem to lack a little imagination this year. 4 races at Snetterton, no Thruxton (home of the BARC). Does make you wonder!

Other news that may be of interest to you guys.....

Nick Sinfield has a brand new SEi car.

Didier Prongué has bought Quentins old car.

Troy Robinson can't compete this weekend although Steve & Troy will be there as normal to support the series.

BTW - I also have 2 spare tickets if anyone needs some.

See you all there  :t-up: