Who drives their sprint car to events?

Phil. S

I know 2 competitors who have claimed their cars are too highly tuned to be driveable on the road

Mark

What advantage do they think that will give them on most sprint tracks? It seems to me that a wide(ish) torque band is a major advantage on smaller circuits (Curborough, 3S, MIRA, Thoresby, etc.), and the ability to sit ticking over for twenty minutes whilst you queue at the start is sine qua non.

One factor you don't mention which does give an advantage sprinting, but is much less comfortable on the road, is a long first gear.

I think most trailer users are just wusses like me  :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• cast iron

• scott beeland

• Phil. S

I used to but got meself a trailer and van now...

Buzz

I think those people who are too mean and orrible to buy a basic trailer and tow their lovely kit car to a meeting shouldn't be allowed to run. I bet they are the sort of folk who run some old Ford engine. And talk with a funny accent.

:p

We'd love to drive it there, but unfortunately there just wouldn't be room for my hairdryer, straighteners and all those necessary pairs of shoes.

Im in the Road Car class, hence I drive it on the road to events, trailers should be banned from the road car class, I know 2 competitors who have claimed their cars are too highly tuned to be driveable on the road, so why dont they look for competition in another class??

If the weather or distance is a problem then again the car can't be suitable as a road car.

Gets off soap box and hails the Taxi...

:D  :angry:  :D  :p  :D

mark........the only reason you have no trailer is because the trailer would look better than your car  :p  ;)  :p  :D

I think all road going entrants should HAVE to drive to events in order to qualify - but I'm biased (no trailer) :p:p:p:p:p

In the seriously modified street legal drag classes they make the cars drive a 2 mile road course before they start just to "prove it"... :)

I think all road going entrants should HAVE to drive to events in order to qualify - but I'm biased (no trailer) :p:p:p:p:p

:D  :D  :D  :cool:  :D  :D  :D

mark........the only reason you have no trailer is because the trailer would look better than your car  :p  ;)  :p  :D

At least I didn't have to think what would be quicker around Cadwell - Motor Home or VX  :p  :p  :D  :p  :p