• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• cast iron

• scott beeland

• Phil. S

I drove my car to 10 sprint events in 2003 and managed to drive it home from all of them too.

Got a trailer in 2004 :D

One advantage of driving to events is it gives you a chance to make sure the car is running right etc

As poultry pants says Mark Leybourne does I will hopefully be borrowing one from Funbobs mechanic ;)

End of the day you do what ever it takes to get to the event

One advantage of driving to events is it gives you a chance to make sure the car is running right etc

Agree with scott on that there are benifits, it also helps you get back into the swing of things from your FWD daily driver.

Just wondered whether I am the only one silly enough to do this.

Personally I think your mad!!! lol  :p  :p  :t-up:

I did for the few events I did last season.  After munching the tyre wall at Shelsley, I only just got home. Made me think.

I am looking to buy a trailer right now.

Keith Adams has always driven his car to SS events throughout the UK since 1998  :D  :D  ;)

Adrian Galtress and George Newrick are 2 more that have never succumbed to trailer luxuries  :D  :D in many years of competition  :D  ;), Neil Willis and the list goes on  :D  :D

Im in the Road Car class, hence I drive it on the road to events, trailers should be banned from the road car class, I know 2 competitors who have claimed their cars are too highly tuned to be driveable on the road, so why dont they look for competition in another class??

If the weather or distance is a problem then again the car can't be suitable as a road car.

Gets off soap box and hails the Taxi...

:D  :angry:  :D  :p  :D

Im in the Road Car class, hence I drive it on the road to events, trailers should be banned from the road car class, I know 2 competitors who have claimed their cars are too highly tuned to be driveable on the road, so why dont they look for competition in another class??

If the weather or distance is a problem then again the car can't be suitable as a road car.

Gets off soap box and hails the Taxi...

:D  :angry:  :D  :p  :D

Oh dear. I hope this doesn't start a heated debate on whether competitors should drive their car to events. I just wanted to know whether I would be the only one to drive there and so look a bit silly, but it seems that plenty of others do.

I have access to a trailer for nought so a no brainer for me. Given the choice I suspect most people would trailer the car not just for comfort but what if something goes pop during the day and you can't get home ?

On the other hand if I didn't have access I certainly can't afford one at the moment so I would be driving it ;)

I drove to the two events I did last year.  I would class my car as pretty much a "standard" Westfield, with a windscreen etc, but the weather on the way over to Wiscombe was terrible... actually it was worse than that.... dangerous really.  At the end of the day any Westfield isn't the most practical car in the wet, with or without a windscreen.

I'm considering getting a trailer, not just because it means you haven't got to brave the weather but also because it allows you to take more things along..... with myself in there's barely room for overalls, helmet and tent, and no room left for the "grid girl".  Plus if you've got a tow car and you turn up and its raining you can always sleep in the car.....

It's also not nice driving a westfield home after a wet sprint when you're tired/p*** wet through/ car full of soaked gear