BMW 330d Sport Wanted

a4drk

Saloon

Manual

Must have the sports leather

Prefer Xenons & Harmon Kardon

Must have the 18 inch MV's

Round about an 02 plate........ mileage..... no more than 75k

(still looking for a minter of an E30 M3 as well by the way)

Robb C - That Baxter bloke has gone cold....

David

:(

how much are you looking to spend on the 330d?

about £14k

Decided on an Auto / tiptronic now

and against Silver.

Think i drove past about 12 silver ones today.........

about £14k

Decided on an Auto / tiptronic now

and against Silver.

Think i drove past about 12 silver ones today.........

auto are you sure ???

Dunno to be sure.......... never owned an auto

but driven a few.

Whats the pros & cons ?

ie. i will be towing (Minno + Westfield)

& also a 16ft Speedboat.

No doubt i will end up chipping it......... not sure how the Auto will perform to this.....

maybe i should just look for a Manual....

David

???

I have the manual version of this in touring guise...

Top tow car and quite fun when not towing, got a power box fitted which definatley made the difference.

Good luck, you should get a decent 02 plate for that, tis what i paid a year ago, mind you it did have 99K on the clock..

Saloons tend to be a bit cheaper, if you can hang out for a later modle they came with 6 spped manual... :t-up:

Ive known quite a few auto boxes fail and when they do they are big money to replace...One of the reasons I dont sell em , ive sold 4 autos in the time ive been trading and 3 of them have packed in :angry: not a problem if under warranty but what you are looking at will be outside  the mfw.

Negatives on owning an auto is Fuel economy drops a lot as does performance , other thing is auto book values  at £1500 above a manual so you pay extra money to go slower and use more fuel  ???  :bangshead:  ;)  :t-up:

if you can hang out for a later modle they came with 6 spped manual..

I agree 6 speed 204bhp is a cracking set up  , well worth the extra money imo. they are a lot quicker than the 184 previous model but they are a fair bit more money also.. chipped they will see 250bhp and are extremley lively  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Just my opinion but I have a 330d Sport Touring auto (184 bhp version, non-chipped for now...) and it's fine with 76000 miles and it's been well caned since I bought it one year and 28000 miles ago  ;)  I've towed open and huge box trailers with it and it barely notices hills!

Yes, economy isn't as good as a manual - I get 35mpg average, with 40mpg easily on a long run and about 28mpg towing (up to 80mph er allegedly)

I know several people who've had tuning boxes fitted or had AMD remap their cars (all autos) with no ill effects and intend to get a remap done as soon as I've figured a way to pay for it without SWMBO knowing  :love:  ;)  :D

would recomend dms for remapping very good service and very good results, (they come out to you) plus if your car has to go into bmw and they wipe the ecu they come back and re-install the upgraded programme. I got them to do a 535d bmw  and was very  impressed with there knowledge and was no more expensive than other places  :t-up:

I use Simon Coe from upsolute.com

he's based in Chesterfield, comes to you & charges £305

When did the 204bhp & 6 speed come out?

2003 models??  

David

???

I have the 330d M Sport Touring with 6 speed box

Got it as new model in Dec 2005 and it was one of the first in country

Performance is tremendous

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.